***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PSU IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

When they make the dance and get run out and are 17-14 on the year, are you going to throw the usual parade?
Since we return the whole roster and will finish top 4 in the conference the next two years, absolutely.

Also for the record, that would give us an 11-9 conference record...above average in the best conference this year.

By the way, when was the last time the Gophers have made the tournament 3 out of 4 years?

Since we return the whole roster and will finish top 4 in the conference the next two years, absolutely.

Also for the record, that would give us an 11-9 conference record...above average in the best conference this year.

By the way, when was the last time the Gophers have made the tournament 3 out of 4 years?

Top 4 the next two years is bold.

Oturu is playing 1 more max

If you are going to go to the tournament and do nothing, what's the point? How do you know we are returning the whole roster?

It doesn't sound like it matters if we make the tourney since we are top 4 next year, right?

If you are going to go to the tournament and do nothing, what's the point? How do you know we are returning the whole roster?

It doesn't sound like it matters if we make the tourney since we are top 4 next year, right?
Because I think we are. and have solid recruits committed for the next two years already, with more yet to be added.

I didn't say that now, did I? However it is much harder to finish high in the B1G than win a game or two in the tournament, hence why I highlighted that over the NCAA.

Because I think we are. and have solid recruits committed for the next two years already, with more yet to be added.

I didn't say that now, did I? However it is much harder to finish high in the B1G than win a game or two in the tournament, hence why I highlighted that over the NCAA.
If we return everyone, we will be terrific, maybe top 10 good. Mashburn is a player. Ihnen and Williams will be big contributors and Freeman will be a good backup and banger. If we lose Oturu, that's massive but I would still think we are able to compete to get to the tourney.

Yep, just saw this.
If we return everyone, we will be terrific, maybe top 10 good. Mashburn is a player. Ihnen and Williams will be big contributors and Freeman will be a good backup and banger. If we lose Oturu, that's massive but I would still think we are able to compete to get to the tourney.
Top 10 in the conference? Yes. Top 10 in the country? What are you smoking?
Those are quite the predictions for guys that haven’t really done much or anything so far. Why on earth would anyone have a take that Freeman is going to be a good back-up? He can’t get in for a minute ona team that is screaming for depth.

Can anyone think of a better PG/C combo the team has had in the past 20 years? If the other players could find some consistency from outside we could hang with just about anyone. Our defense has been solid and while it was sub par today Penn St was hitting some ridiculous shots. I still have a lot of faith in this team.

Those are quite the predictions for guys that haven’t really done much or anything so far. Why on earth would anyone have a take that Freeman is going to be a good back-up? He can’t get in for a minute ona team that is screaming for depth.
Top 10 in the country. Yes- if Oturu returns, that is totally in play. Remember what we did the year before the Final Four run? NIT-lost in the first or second round to Tulane.

Oturu and Carr are special players and Oturu would be a candidate for player of the year if not the favorite. Depth is going to be way, way better and we are not done filling out the class.

Oturu/Freeman/Omersa
Ihnen/ Curry/Mitchell
Williams/ Willis
Gabe
Carr/Mashburn

Freeman? Look how much Oturu developed. Freeman doesn't have that kind of talent but he is big and mobile, I am not concerned about him as a solid depth player next year. We are not screaming for depth at center this year. Oturu is as good as it gets and Omersa has been a solid defender in relief.

I'll give you a Freeman comparable - John Thomas. That's what Freeman is going to be if he is here 4 years.

Last edited:

Can anyone think of a better PG/C combo the team has had in the past 20 years? If the other players could find some consistency from outside we could hang with just about anyone. Our defense has been solid and while it was sub par today Penn St was hitting some ridiculous shots. I still have a lot of faith in this team.

100%
No combo like this since Thompson/Lockhart

So you think top 4 in the conference the next two years. Pretty good but why not a conference title ?

It's a process. You start by getting to the NCAAs regularly. Then you upgrade post season results as kids begin to believe in the program. Gonzaga made the tournament 15 straight years before they got beyond the Sweet Sixteen...

They got obliterated in round 2, after getting in at 9-11 in conference.

We need higher expectations here.
So making the tournament isn't good, winning a game in the tournament isn't good, an above .500 conference record won't be good...so what is it you're looking for exactly?

They got obliterated in round 2, after getting in at 9-11 in conference.

We need higher expectations here.

You're silly. We hadn't won a tourney game in over 5 years and many years before that. So instead of giving credit for doing what only 31 other teams did and enjoying that, you shift focus to losing to a different blue blood in the 2nd round. You really are a gem.

You're silly. We hadn't won a tourney game in over 5 years and many years before that. So instead of giving credit for doing what only 31 other teams did and enjoying that, you shift focus to losing to a different blue blood in the 2nd round. You really are a gem.
It can be both, good job on winning a game in the tourney, bad job on conference record. Fans can have different expectations. Hell, i expect winning a conference title in the first seven years. I expect winning 20 games plus more than one year in a row. The tourney is one game, a conference title is season long excellence and means you have a team that can win more than one. Your entitles to see it the way you do. I do not measure against the low bar set here previously, i measure against programs that built greatness.

Something tells me freeman will be fine next year. Why would we play him when oturu is scoring 30 and grabbing double digit rebounds? Never in foul trouble. He'll be just fine next year!

This is a quite good team that sadly is going to miss the tournament. The lack of outside shooting has killed them all year and they always seem to have two too many hiccups on the road that costs them a chance to win. Really bummed since I like this team.

It can be both, good job on winning a game in the tourney, bad job on conference record. Fans can have different expectations. Hell, i expect winning a conference title in the first seven years. I expect winning 20 games plus more than one year in a row. The tourney is one game, a conference title is season long excellence and means you have a team that can win more than one. Your entitles to see it the way you do. I do not measure against the low bar set here previously, i measure against programs that built greatness.

Um, what coaches here have won the conference in the first 7 years?

Being 9-11 in the big ten can be improved upon for sure! Nobody should settle for that, but being realistic as also comes into play. Best conference with 20 games is a total grind. Alot of games come down to the last 2 minutes. Be great to have this roster and play in another conference. 6-7 right now. Should have beaten purdue! Down 1 at illinois with 130 to go. Fought back today down 3 with 3 minutes to go. This conference is dam tough. 9-11 last year and rolled a good Louisville team. Gonna nit pick on mich. State loss? Really? They were better team and went to final four and Murphy barely played. Wouldnt have made a difference anyway.

So making the tournament isn't good, winning a game in the tournament isn't good, an above .500 conference record won't be good...so what is it you're looking for exactly?

Making the tourney is awesome as is winning a game, but that's all anyone wants to talk about. That's it. The year before we got run by MTSU or whatever the hell it is. This is year 7, right?

How about top half finishes in the conference and shooting for the sweet 16. You do realize that if you finish top half, we'll be seeded much better and have a chance for that.

We won a game seems to make us set for the next 5 years, and I get that as there are no expectations here.

Making the tourney is awesome as is winning a game, but that's all anyone wants to talk about. That's it. The year before we got run by MTSU or whatever the hell it is. This is year 7, right?

How about top half finishes in the conference and shooting for the sweet 16. You do realize that if you finish top half, we'll be seeded much better and have a chance for that.

We won a game seems to make us set for the next 5 years, and I get that as there are no expectations here.
And you'd be wrong, there are definitely expectations here.

But exceeding what we've historically done is hardly worthy of the vitriol that individuals such as yourself spew.

Adios, Pitino.

Enough already. Let's get an actual B1G coach, ferpetesakes.

Um, what coaches here have won the conference in the first 7 years?
It has been done here and i am aiming higher. Winning the conference more than once, having a winning % in the conference . Winning 20 plus games in more than one season in a row. His job is to win the conference a build a elite program.

It has been done here and i am aiming higher. Winning the conference more than once, having a winning % in the conference . Winning 20 plus games in more than one season in a row. His job is to win the conference a build a elite program.
You are aiming higher? Really?

Top Bottom