***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PSU IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Pitino closing in on 80 Big Ten losses in less than 7 seasons...impressive

Well, it was impressive how they cut such a big lead to 3 but it's very difficult for a team to be successful with much consistency when so much has to be done by so few.

If the Gophers could play even somewhat close to their best consistently they would be one of the best teams in the country. They have more than enough talent in the starting 5 but they usually only show that talent for a small portion of the game.

It really seems like a mental thing. When they're locked in they can beat anyone in the conference. But they spend most of their time not locked in and frequently waste most of the shot clock, don't get back on defense, lose focus on defense, and don't fight hard enough for rebounds.

The continuation was a joke, but it was a foul.
Oh definitely, but the difference in impact of an and-1 vs 2 free throws is pretty big. Not saying it really affected the outcome.

If the Gophers could play even somewhat close to their best consistently they would be one of the best teams in the country. They have more than enough talent in the starting 5 but they usually only show that talent for a small portion of the game.

It really seems like a mental thing. When they're locked in they can beat anyone in the conference. But they spend most of their time not locked in and frequently waste most of the shot clock, don't get back on defense, lose focus on defense, and don't fight hard enough for rebounds.

One of the best teams in the country?? Thats extreme.

THey have two really good players(1 of them is still streaky at times) but the rest are 1 dimensional and theres no depth.

This team has tourney talent and they battle hard. They will be very dangerous next year if Oturu returns but one of the best in the country is extreme.

Let's win the next 3 and get into the dance.

We have two consistent scorers. when we get a third we win. Today Gabe started poorly, Willis was in the land of the lost and demir hasn’t hit a three pointer in a month. The bench doesn’t really contribute (worst in btn) rinse, repeat

Those were tough shots for Gabe- nothing to be ashamed of there. Great effort coming back. Need the whole team engaged and producing for 40 minutes- not just a half. The good thing is they avoided a bad NET loss...I think under 10 points is better right?

Better shooting in the 2nd half. Tough environment in which to win. Need more help from the bench. Hard to see us being selected for the dance.

THey have two really good players(1 of them is still streaky at times) but the rest are 1 dimensional and theres no depth.

This team has tourney talent and they battle hard.

Given your first statement, I'm not sure why you conclude that they have tourney talent. I would also say that, for one or two players on the team, calling them "1 dimensional" may be charitable.

Better shooting in the 2nd half. Tough environment in which to win. Need more help from the bench. Hard to see us being selected for the dance.

Bottom line is if we get to 11-9 in the conference there is no way we are left out. Conference is very strong and deep this year.

Given your first statement, I'm not sure why you conclude that they have tourney talent. I would also say that, for one or two players on the team, calling them "1 dimensional" may be charitable.

Have you looked around the rest of college basketball this year?

Having 2 really quality players and then about 4 role players is definitely enough to be tourney level....just obviously no where near the best of the best.

Game seemed to get away from us when Oturu missed the front end of the 1 and 1 down 3. Absolutely killed momentum as penn state was beginning to feel the pressure.

You know what would help that? A loyal, die hard fan base. Obviously we don't have enough of that. We have a lot of fair weather fans and quitters.
Tre Jones, Hurt and the top players will always leave...There have been plenty of second tier players the U has also missed on and shouldn't have.

Depends how you define talent. I agree with the post you replied to, most of our rotation has shown serious talent at one point or another, but just hasn't tapped into it on a consistent basis. I might be thinking of it more as potential though.

Atrocious basketball

absolutely atrocious but, we've all seen it many times so what's one more?

The best thing about a game like this where we were down big and then mount a huge comeback to make it a tight finish is that we very clearly get to see the true colors of @Goldteam and @GopherGangsta. They didn't know whether they could talk shit or not. Go back in your hovels, Frodo and Bilbo.

We were never expected to win this game. Penn State is legit. We battled in the second half. Let's make that momentum carry to win the next 3 in a row and all is still in front of us.

Top Bottom