***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but next week's game is big in my mind. I don't think a Gopher FB team has had back-to-back Big Ten winning seasons since Murray Warmath.

It's the right play, but sometimes it's hard to do, even if you try. IIRC, there was an NFL game this year where the guy couldn't stop himself and slid into the end zone.

I think it was Todd Gurley that fell into the end zone. Not to mention the first week of BIg Ten play with the Penn State player scoring and giving Indiana the ball back down eight.

Of course....neither of those were to put their teams up by two scores either.

Certainly helped by that holding call that took the touchdown by Nebraska off the board, but that happens in football. Happy with the win! Glad to hold the Chair another year! So impressed with Ibrahim, but also have to give credit to Morgan. He stayed in there, took some hits, and made some solid throws. Up and down season no doubt, but happy to at least finish at .500 in the regular season.

Perhaps it has already been mentioned here but this is the best game Morgan has had this year in my opinion. His passing had zip and he was on target.

Sounds like his Dad, who's been dealing with a brain tumor and surgery for it, has been doing better. Probably quite a relief for Tanner and everybody in his family.

Last edited:

I think it was Todd Gurley that fell into the end zone. Not to mention the first week of BIg Ten play with the Penn State player scoring and giving Indiana the ball back down eight.

Of course....neither of those were to put their teams up by two scores either.
IIRC, Atlanta also went on to lose to Detroit.

Anyone know the preliminary plan for next week? Do they match up teams with similar records?

When do we hear who are opponent is next week? I really hope they don't make us play Penn State instead of Wisconsin. They seem to be rolling.

We would match with the same placed team in the other division. But they should let us play Wisconsin.
Looks like Penn State then or maybe even Rutgers. I assume Michigan and Maryland are out since we already played them.

I’m glad I was wrong about this game! Give credit to both sides of the ball battling hard especially with so many players out.

Is Morgan okay after these hits I’m reading about? I’m getting worried.

They only had one. It was a matter of taking two knees or 3. But I bet Ferentz or Bert Beilema would have called it.

Thanks for this! I thought they had two timeouts too. So it would have been a shot (blocked/missed FG and about 20 seconds remaining).

The fact that they only had 1 TO, that makes much more sense.

Exactly. MN-Rutgers and Wis-MSU excites no one. Let us play for the axe.

Yeah, they already changed the rules around. I think they'll do the right thing and make these rivalry games.

Per "The Spun"
"Frost is in his third season at Nebraska and currently has an overall record of 11-20."
They have only gone up against each other in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Mike Riley was HC in 2017. How then can their head to head record be 3-1?

Last edited:

Top Bottom