***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
I wasn’t sure we’d have another in-game thread this season but I sure am glad we do. I’d love to pound Scott Frost and his arrogance.

Literally no idea what to expect from our squad. Who’s able to play? How will we look after not playing for 3 weeks, etc.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!

11am start .... who we missing? Is a fairly large component. 1. Bateman 2. ?

This is the least feeling "game" I think I will have ever watched with the Gophers.

Sure, it's a game, but with the COVID players missing, this almost feels like a practice against another team where they will keep score.

Interestingly enough, Nebraska will get Rutgers next week who should be a win. This could be a nice three game winning streak for Nebraska which will in turn mean they will be one of two favorites to win the Big Ten West next year.

Didn't a game get played once...maybe at Wrigley...with only half a field? On the other hand, may have consumed a bad batch of hooch for that memory?:p

Correct. They were worried the wall was too close to the end zone so they went only one way on offense.

These stadiums were not designed or built to play games in December. Is what it is.

Just amazed at the lack of reporting by the Gopher media that is at the game as to who has made the trip and looks able to play. They should know a lot more by now. Andy Greder, Justin Gaard, Mike Grimm, Darrell Thompson.

Too bad Rashod couldn't hold off a couple of weeks but no bad feelings.

Autman-Bell and Jackson plus a TE will need to step up...especially the WRs blocking and keeping a play alive while Tanner is probably scrambling.

So this is supposed to be televised on FS1, but the guide for FS1 says they will have the Wisconsin and Iowa game on. This will be a cruel joke if they show that instead of the Gophers

Half the field is covered in snow. They are shoveling because the snowblower broke. What a shit show!

Hold on Lincoln. Don't panic. Relax. Help is on the way! I will load up my Kubota with snowblower and be there is 11 hours.

So this is supposed to be televised on FS1, but the guide for FS1 says they will have the Wisconsin and Iowa game on. This will be a cruel joke if they show that instead of the Gophers
Wisconsin and Iowa are 2:30. The guide is wrong.

Brutal.

If Nebraska is running a 30 front (I think they do?), this could be bad.

I would blitz the hell out of the A gaps, if I were them. Not sure if that's something they worked on or have in their scheme package.

Over 30 players ID'd as out so far:

No Ruschmeyer or JMS.
Top 3 TE's out (Kieft, Paulsen, Witham), so it's pretty much BSF.
No Dew-Treadway, although Schad is back.

Considering how many guys we have down I don’t think it’s a good thing that we are playing.
Point is taken but the call is play the game. That's where we are. In 3 hours we'll know how good, bad, or meh the decision was.

It we somehow come out strong with 4 good quarters...pretty sure we'll think it was a good call. Respect the view though.

Just amazed at the lack of reporting by the Gopher media that is at the game as to who has made the trip and looks able to play. They should know a lot more by now. Andy Greder, Justin Gaard, Mike Grimm, Darrell Thompson.
Fleck probably makes them sign a NDA that they won't report on active persononnel until Saturday before the game, if they want to maintain media credentials with the team.

Over 30 players ID'd as out so far:

No Ruschmeyer or JMS.
Top 3 TE's out (Kieft, Paulsen, Witham), so it's pretty much BSF.
No Dew-Treadway, although Schad is back.
Boe starting at center, means we'll have someone basically brand new for meaningful game reps starting next to him at one of the guard spots.

Brutal. If I'm Nebraska, I'm sending blitzes and stunts up the middle and to that side, all day on passing downs.

EDIT: ok, they were smarter than that. Starting true freshman Ersery at RT and moved Andries inside (better spot for him, anyway in my opinion). If JMS were at center, I'm not so sure that this wouldn't have been our best OL anyway.

Top Bottom