***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Happy to win today. My brother is a big Husker fan. He’s been quiet which is nice. I’m sure he’s waiting for a txt or call. It drives me crazy how often we look to the sideline, shift around , and barely get a play off, or call TO. If the play was actually interesting it would make more sense For the last second play call. This happens early in the game when we are not necessarily trying to run out the clock. Oh,well. Good win. Mo cranked it up a notch at the end.

This happens early in the game when we are not necessarily trying to run out the clock. Oh,well. Good win.

That's the thing--we ARE always trying to bleed the clock. Winning TOP is a big part of Fleck's offensive philosophy; it's not some kind of gimmick or miscommunication. Like it or not, it's not going away under this coach.

Pretty immune to the 3 looks to the sideline with 10 seconds left on the play clock...

This has been the approach since the first game in the Fleck Era. Took a while to get used to but there is a strategy in play.

That offered, there is little margin for error. Lots of offensive timeouts called for that very reason.

Pretty immune to the 3 looks to the sideline with 10 seconds left on the play clock...

This has been the approach since the first game in the Fleck Era. Took a while to get used to but there is a strategy in play.

That offered, there is little margin for error. Lots of offensive timeouts called for that very reason.

I get that it isn't an accident....but when you bleed the clock to zero.....you're basically giving the defense the snap count.

I agree with you Stocker on that. There's some kind of risk/reward formula in Coach's head that outweighs that though.

Also, didn't we have a snap with 10 seconds left once this game? Seem to recall it.

I'm not arguing that, but that play was not a hold. It was a bad call.

Thanks for the update, ref.

You're right, we as simple fans with the luxury of replay never see things clearer than a ref.

Every single one of your takes is bad about every single subject. It's impressive in the way that it's difficult to get every answer on a test wrong.

You're right, we as simple fans with the luxury of replay never see things clearer than a ref.

Every single one of your takes is bad about every single subject. It's impressive in the way that it's difficult to get every answer on a test wrong.

As a Trumper...you've been butthurt for weeks now. Maybe put some ice on it, Bob. But by all means....keep following me around making contradictory posts.

Doesn't make you look petty OR desperate. :rolleyes:

As a Trumper...you've been butthurt for weeks now. Maybe put some ice on it, Bob. But by all means....keep following me around making contradictory posts.

Doesn't make you look petty OR desperate. :rolleyes:

(1) I'm not a Trumper, I still haven't voted for him. I realize you're not smart enough to realize that people can hate progressives and not like Trump. I figured he would lose (I said as much many times).I'm also not butthurt at all. The politics don't impact me in any way. My life won't change. I certainly won't spend the next 4 years crying about everything Biden and Kamala do on the OFF TOPIC board.

(2) I'm not following you around. I happen to run across a horrific take on the game thread. Shockingly, it was yours. You're a really dumb person, so that isn't surprising.

(3) I don't care how I look to you. As I've said, you're the dumbest person that I've ever interacted. If I was going to follow around a progressive to disagree, it certainly wouldn't be the lowest hanging fruit. There are tons of people who are more progressive on the OFF TOPIC board with whom I disagree but aren't complete idiots. I would follow them. . . not you.

(4) When I first responded to the post, I didn't even realize it was yours. It was just a terrible take followed by an even worse retort. I don't give a crap about people's politics when it comes to talking sports.

TLDR: There is no way you graduated from the U.

(1) I'm not a Trumper, I still haven't voted for him. I realize you're not smart enough to realize that people can hate progressives and not like Trump. I figured he would lose (I said as much many times).I'm also not butthurt at all. The politics don't impact me in any way. My life won't change. I certainly won't spend the next 4 years crying about everything Biden and Kamala do on the OFF TOPIC board.

(2) I'm not following you around. I happen to run across a horrific take on the game thread. Shockingly, it was yours. You're a really dumb person, so that isn't surprising.

(3) I don't care how I look to you. As I've said, you're the dumbest person that I've ever interacted. If I was going to follow around a progressive to disagree, it certainly wouldn't be the lowest hanging fruit. There are tons of people who are more progressive on the OFF TOPIC board with whom I disagree but aren't complete idiots. I would follow them. . . not you.

(4) When I first responded to the post, I didn't even realize it was yours. It was just a terrible take followed by an even worse retort. I don't give a crap about people's politics when it comes to talking sports.

TLDR: There is no way you graduated from the U.

Coming in hot on a game thread to say "every single one of your takes is bad" conflicts with your claim that you are not major butthurt. I figured that things like this could be contained to the OTB....but clearly you are letting your angry feelings of the Trump loss leak out into the sports boards.

That's fine. You'll get over it (Trump losing the election) in time and come back to the rational world where you don't let your emotions drive you into a blinding rage over little things like disagreeing over a holding call ("horrific take"? - projecting) that benefits the Gophers of all things.

Coming in hot on a game thread to say "every single one of your takes is bad" conflicts with your claim that you are not major butthurt. I figured that things like this could be contained to the OTB....but clearly you are letting your angry feelings of the Trump loss leak out into the sports boards.

That's fine. You'll get over it (Trump losing the election) in time and come back to the rational world where you don't let your emotions drive you into a blinding rage over little things like disagreeing over a holding call ("horrific take"? - projecting) that benefits the Gophers of all things.

Yep, good call on that Stocker. I'm really angry that Trump lost, I just can't take it. That's why I said that block was a hold. It's because Trump lost. I was so angry that I blacked out and typed something horrific like "that was a hold". That's borderline hate speech.

Another great take from Stocker, a true intellectual.

Yep, good call on that Stocker. I'm really angry that Trump lost, I just can't take it. That's why I said that block was a hold. It's because Trump lost. I was so angry that I blacked out and typed something horrific like "that was a hold". That's borderline hate speech.

Another great take from Stocker, a true intellectual.

It has nothing to do with disagreeing with the holding call. It was the fact that you lashed out at me like a petulant child because I thought otherwise. For someone who thinks I only have bad takes....you'd think that you'd try and avoid engaging me. Not the case. You let your angry OTB feelings seep into the sports board and you decided to post your butthurt for everyone to see.

Congratulations. Now everyone knows that you are not only the game ref....but also the good/bad take ref.

Don't cross Bob, folks.

They only had one. It was a matter of taking two knees or 3. But I bet Ferentz or Bert Beilema would have called it.
It's been a while since I heard Burt Beluga's name. It still makes me laugh to just think about him and that stupid look on his face like he just ate a turd.

That's the thing--we ARE always trying to bleed the clock. Winning TOP is a big part of Fleck's offensive philosophy; it's not some kind of gimmick or miscommunication. Like it or not, it's not going away under this coach.
Impressive use of the semicolon. It has always confused me.

Per "The Spun"
"Frost is in his third season at Nebraska and currently has an overall record of 11-20."
They have only gone up against each other in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Mike Riley was HC in 2017. How then can their head to head record be 3-1?
You were correct 2-1. I forget PJ's first win against Nebraska was when Mike was still head coach.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Top Bottom