***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD TWAS NIGHT BEFORE XMAS THEME!!!***

Curry is a huge part of this team, which is a dimension of the season that I really love. Curry is a leader, and I hope he gets into coaching like it seems he wants to do.

Can't really beat out bigger....taller guys for rebounds.....but he puts himself in good position. Dickenson tried bullying his way through Curry, like many players this year, and Curry has been a brick wall. His mid range jumpers are pretty too. Amazing transformation. We'd probably have another three losses without him.

From the MSU game thread:

wow! What an offensive performance in the first half. Just glad I gave my tickets up. We were promised good defense, must have missed it during the first half. Same ole’, same ole’ as last year. At least BJ showed some common sense with his mask.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

What if Ihnen and Fo x were healthy.
Brandon Johnson's doing pretty well at DePaul, but I wish he would have stayed. He and Curry would have given us a great tandem underneath. Neither are true 5s, but I really liked Johnson's style of play. That said, Curry has been pretty solid thus far.

But I agree that Ihnen and Fox would fit nicely.

Didn’t watch the game. Just checked the score and I see we won ON THE ROAD AGAINST MICHIGAN!!! WTF?!?!?
Amazing to me. So unexpected. What a fabulous job by the staff and players. Keep it going Gophers!!!

When it was a two-score lead with just less than 3 minutes and Michigan had the ball, I was prepared for defeat, but our guys played tough, their freshman point guard played like a freshman, and we drained our free throws.
They have yet to throw a game away even though they have been close. Poise is unusual in these parts.

LOL. That's what you've pulled out of this year so far.

Is Christmas just another cold day in December? C'mon. If you can't be pumped up about the what this team is doing and its future, why put yourself through the torture of being a Gopher fan.
Evidently you missed my previous posts.

I don't like to dog the competition that much, but that Dickinson plays like a big dummy.

Nice win for our guys. Battle is a really sweet player.
And he gets away with all kinds of crap; moving screens, over the back, push off, etc. Plus he shuffles his feet quickly and should be more travel calls.

I was against the hire. I’m still not sure what to expect going forward but I’m impressed by the team so far. The hodgepodge of players has come together and formed a team. They are basically the Brady bunch and somehow formed a family.

I’m also not ready to anoint Ben Johnson as our savior based on 9 games but I do really appreciate the defense and the style.
Ok that’s not necessarily “unreasonable”. Immediately, like hour 1, I was a little underwhelmed we didn’t get some big, national name. Until I learned more about Johnson and listened to interviews post announcement. Started* seeming like a smart hire especially as the season drew nearer.

Last edited:

I hope so, but I do wonder if Michigan, now at 6-4, maybe just isn't perceived as a great win now? It seems like this game could be viewed nationally as an indication that Michigan is bad, rather than that Minnesota is good. Either way, pumped about the win! 3-0 in true road games, 5-0 away from the Barn!
Ranked, unranked. the recruiting classes Michigan has put together, the big money contract to the Michigan coach, game at Michigan...all that, it is a HUGE WIN!

I liked what I have seen but I'm very surprised we beat Michigan at Michigan.
Maybe we just keep recruiting small school seniors?

I was against the hire. I’m still not sure what to expect going forward but I’m impressed by the team so far. The hodgepodge of players has come together and formed a team. They are basically the Brady bunch and somehow formed a family.

I’m also not ready to anoint Ben Johnson as our savior based on 9 games but I do really appreciate the defense and the style.
I agree about not being ready yet to anoint BJ as a savior, but it sure beats having to endure watching the Pitino and Tubby ball lethargy for all those years. Since he was hired as coach, he has had my support...the same support I give to all our coaches. (I did support Tubby and Pitino, by the way...just dissapointed in their results).

Its time to give it up for the players. Our guys can play. Each of them were likely the top player on their squad last year, except for Curry.

But BJ and staff have molded these guys into a team based on solid, tough and smart D, take care of the ball, play with confidence and take the drive when its there. When they make a great play they act like they have done it many times before. That's confidence. The announcer said something like they are a layered team.

Brandon Johnson's doing pretty well at DePaul, but I wish he would have stayed. He and Curry would have given us a great tandem underneath. Neither are true 5s, but I really liked Johnson's style of play. That said, Curry has been pretty solid thus far.

Several guys really should have stayed. Their loss.

I was just thinking aout Brandon Johnson. I wish he was back. He was a great piece of last year's team. Looked like a good teammate.

Top Bottom