***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD TWAS NIGHT BEFORE XMAS THEME!!!***

Are we ranked now! I’m guessing 24.
I hope so, but I do wonder if Michigan, now at 6-4, maybe just isn't perceived as a great win now? It seems like this game could be viewed nationally as an indication that Michigan is bad, rather than that Minnesota is good. Either way, pumped about the win! 3-0 in true road games, 5-0 away from the Barn!

This is a pretty good comparison.

Battle is a legit B1G scorer.

The way they play without turning the ball over it they can hold their own on the boards should be right there in the majority of games.
I should have included that isn’t a dig at them. This team is old. Lots of experience. Dangerous—especially against less experienced teams.

I need to see more apology threads regarding the Ben Johnson thread. Glad I had an open mind and gave him a shot
You’d have to be a pretty crusty old ‘Holer to have made up your mind about the hire before we played any games. I love those posts because it makes the unreasonable personalities easy to identify.

We’ve been waiting to see what they’d look like against the size of the B1G. Well, I’d say Dickinson is certainly in the top tier of centers, and look what happened. Battle was great all night, but he was boxing out Dickinson all night and getting board after board. Ben Johnson is the truth.

Although this win was 100% earned, we could say from a pre-season perspective that this was a "stolen" win that we never expected. Hope more unexpected wins follow. 3 road wins (all over power conference teams) this season; three more than Pitino could achieve last year.

One of the best Gopher basketball wins in recent memory. Of course, we could talk about how great Battle was in the second half. But, what impressed me most is how they managed to stifle Dickinson down the stretch

All MN teams have the choking gene. Maybe this one is immune.
When it was a two-score lead with just less than 3 minutes and Michigan had the ball, I was prepared for defeat, but our guys played tough, their freshman point guard played like a freshman, and we drained our free throws.

I don't see how the AP keeps them out now. One single digit loss to a ranked team. Michigan was getting votes this past week.
we got votes this last week too:)
I hope so, but I do wonder if Michigan, now at 6-4, maybe just isn't perceived as a great win now? It seems like this game could be viewed nationally as an indication that Michigan is bad, rather than that Minnesota is good. Either way, pumped about the win! 3-0 in true road games, 5-0 away from the Barn!
all road wins in the B1G are good wins, especially 10 point ones

All said and done Gophers are one & one.
LOL. That's what you've pulled out of this year so far.

Is Christmas just another cold day in December? C'mon. If you can't be pumped up about the what this team is doing and its future, why put yourself through the torture of being a Gopher fan.

I could only listen to the game and I was waiting for the collapse at the end which is what happened in the past . It is a new era and a new coach. I think the future is bright.

You’d have to be a pretty crusty old ‘Holer to have made up your mind about the hire before we played any games. I love those posts because it makes the unreasonable personalities easy to identify.
I was against the hire. I’m still not sure what to expect going forward but I’m impressed by the team so far. The hodgepodge of players has come together and formed a team. They are basically the Brady bunch and somehow formed a family.

I’m also not ready to anoint Ben Johnson as our savior based on 9 games but I do really appreciate the defense and the style.

:spitting 3 times:
:throwing salt over my shoulder

No JuJu...No JuJu
I’m not quite so superstitious, but yeah sorry to those who are for typing the i word.
The stat about us being 2nd lowest in the NCAA for bench pts got me a little nervous. But let’s not think about it any more today.

Top Bottom