***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

When you shut down your QB all year and dont provide your receivers experience, this is what happens.
I agree 100% with this take. This is why I get frustrated when they play the teams they should dominate and just stick the ball down their throats and walk away pounding their chest that we dominated with ball control. Those are the games that you actually try a few things to see what works and what does not, so when the time comes (today, Illinois, perhaps even BG) when you need these 'other' tools in your tool box, they're not unfamiliar to you AND you can execute those plays.

When you run, run, run and don't do anything creative whatsoever because running is working; this to me is what you get!

Gophers would be undefeated with Martinez this season...
Actually, I agree with this with one major exception- they weren’t going to beat OSU. 9-1 would look so much better than 6-4 though. Iowa, BGSU, illinois games were all lost by TM, D and running game alone won the others.

Actually, I agree with this with one major exception- they weren’t going to beat OSU. 9-1 would look so much better than 6-4 though.
I dunno... That statement about Martinez was, more or less, a goof... but if the Gophers had a QB like that, would Mo have been worked so hard... and injured?

I think that with a competent QB (not Morgan OR Martinez, for that matter) I think they'd be in the playoff hunt.

I dunno... That statement about Martinez was, more or less, a goof... but if the Gophers had a QB like that, would Mo have been worked so hard... and injured?

I think that with a competent QB (not Morgan OR Martinez, for that matter) I think they'd be in the playoff hunt.

QB and the receiver group are both weaknesses on this team. The Goph receivers simply can not make difficult catches. Case in point was the 4th down pass from the endzone on the Gophs second to last possession. It was a 50/50 ball to #22 but he had no chance of winning a battle for that ball unlike top receivers.

Do you suppose Morgan is allowed to throw in practice?
Oh, I bet he does... and the playcalling reflects that. No matter who calls the plays... Sanford, Simon or even Fleck... they have to work with what they've got on the field.
QB and the receiver group are both weaknesses on this team. The Goph receivers simply can not make difficult catches.
I agree wholeheartedly...

When you go back and watch some of those 2019 games on Youtube, it jumps right out at you the difference in catching the ball. A lot gets said about the 2 NFL receivers (I think it's end up being 3 when CrAB makes an NFL roster) but there's others making huge receptions. Just look at the amazing catch Bryce Witham made in the bowl game against Auburn to maybe save the day. The Gophers just are not benefiting from plays like that this season. Tanner Morgan was never "the Tanner Morgan of 2019" that people long for... he's the same as he ever was.

Now, if you want to complain about Sandford, complain about his QB coaching... he sure hasn't made Morgan a better QB.

Oh, I bet he does... and the playcalling reflects that. No matter who calls the plays... Sanford, Simon or even Fleck... they have to work with what they've got on the field.

When you go back and watch some of those 2019 games on Youtube, it jumps right out at you the difference in catching the ball. A lot gets said about the 2 NFL receivers (I think it's end up being 3 when CrAB makes an NFL roster) but there's others making huge receptions. Just look at the amazing catch Bryce Witham made in the bowl game against Auburn to maybe save the day. The Gophers just are not benefiting from plays like that this season. Tanner Morgan was never "the Tanner Morgan of 2019" that people long for... he's the same as he ever was.

Now, if you want to complain about Sandford, complain about his QB coaching... he sure hasn't made Morgan a better QB.

I honestly don't remember saying "wow, what a great catch" even once this year.

There was clear evidence that everywhere Sanford went he was average at best, yet PJ thought this time would be different. Cost us the season and Tanner Morgan's pro career.

There was clear evidence that everywhere Sanford went he was average at best, yet PJ thought this time would be different. Cost us the season and Tanner Morgan's pro career.

Morgan has been exposed in 2021 and 2020 without incredible receivers. He's not an NFL talent.

A lot of throws that were caught in 2019 were because Bateman always got separation, and TJ got both separation and was epic in his ability to “climb the ladder” and bring in high throws that elude this years WR corps.

Our running game works even though we lost our number 1, 2, 3, 4 and possible 5 RB (Williamson); our running game is chugging along with our number 6 and 7 RBs ( maybe 5 and 6 depending on how you feel about Williamson’s chances). We have successfully employed our entire scholarship RB corps.

We have 12 scholarship WRs. We haven’t used many in games (at least as targets). Might there be a guy down the chart who, if given a meaningful opportunity, could hold onto throws better? We have a lot of scholarships invested in WRs for a team that prefers to run the ball.

The end of the half sticks out to me. They got the ball back with 4:07 to go and went 32 yards before having to settle for a field goal inside the road zone and didn’t even get a chance to try for a touchdown. In college football with 2 timeouts 4:07 is an eternity and yet the gophers turned it into a short game clock.

The end of the half sticks out to me. They got the ball back with 4:07 to go and went 32 yards before having to settle for a field goal inside the road zone and didn’t even get a chance to try for a touchdown. In college football with 2 timeouts 4:07 is an eternity and yet the gophers turned it into a short game clock.
Agree 1000%. Clock management has been brutal this year going back to the Maryland game (matter what BS excuse PJ had). Plenty of time today and we played ourselves right into a FG rather than a chance for 7 pts. And the way we piss away timeouts to avoid delay of game penalties (playing peek a boo with the sidelines) cost us again today. Where's the sense of urgency when trailing or at end of half?

This is a college team with a shitty passing game. It's not the NFL. I had no problem with draining the clock to eliminate another Iowa possession.

Not that it mattered but anyone notice the very blatant hold on the WR at the bottom that wasn’t called? How do they miss things like this?

They don’t miss imaginary chop blocks, tho.

Its frustrating to see, week after week, blatant penalties uncalled right in front of officials, often at the point of attack. I suppose we benefit at times.

I mentioned Olson getting held by the Iowa tackle at the end of the game. Pretty obvious and led to the sack. Is that legal? 🤷‍♂️

They don’t miss imaginary chop blocks, tho.

Its frustrating to see, week after week, blatant penalties uncalled right in front of officials, often at the point of attack. I suppose we benefit at times.

I mentioned Olson getting held by the Iowa tackle at the end of the game. Pretty obvious and led to the sack. Is that legal? 🤷‍♂️
Yes that should have been a penalty. It was pretty blatant.

Top Bottom