***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Morgan ran right into that sack.
I mean seriously, he is terrible on the rollout, but does it all the time. And worse, he ran to the short side of the field AND right into the arms pf the only defender anywhere near him. Just terrible.

I will always appreciate what Tanner accomplished in 2019, but the present is now and he needs a break on the bench to figure things out or something. He went from a high level Qb to one of the worst in all of college FB in just two years.

I rewatched the last play of the game. That sack was on Tanner Morgan he should of stepped up into the pocket but instead sank back right into the DE big Dan was blocking.

Flecks career may be sunk by Morgan next year like frost with Martinez.
Morgan should not start next week much less next year. After Sanford is fired into the sun, Morgan can compete in camp for a job next year.

Fleck needs to row harder and win it next year
BG, Illannoys, and shitowa have really taken the shine off of '19. Hopefully only lose by 1 touchdown to Indiana, and then hopefully score 3 points against wisconsin. The sad thing is they are bowl eligible which means another loss to SW montana state.

I mean seriously, he is terrible on the rollout, but does it all the time. And worse, he ran to the short side of the field AND right into the arms pf the only defender anywhere near him. Just terrible.
the pocket was clean as hell. Could have launched to the end zone twice, but NOOOOOOO!

Morgan was outplayed. Hard to believe but that’s how you never break through. Also our WR suck too.

BG, Illannoys, and shitowa have really taken the shine off of '19. Hopefully only lose by 1 touchdown to Indiana, and then hopefully score 3 points against wisconsin. The sad thing is they are bowl eligible which means another loss to SW montana state.
He seems to do well in Bowl games. I am expecting a W.

Fleck needs to row harder and win it next year

That's sort of the problem. Pounding the catch phrases harder isn't the answer. It is coaching well and making good decisions and developing a competent passing game that will lead to vicotories.

At least our loss to Indiana will only be seen by like 12 people on the BTN alternate channel.

For some reason it doesn't matter though. Apparently 3rd or 4th in the West with no trophy wins gets you extensions and at least one message board that worships you.

It has mattered in the past, but it doesn't now for whatever reason.
This school (more specifically, the athletic department) LOVES itself some mediocrity. That's the biggest reason I roll my eyes at coaches and U administrators even talkng about excellence. If you want or expect true excellence, Gopher athletics need not apply. It's never been a true goal of the department.

Officially cancelled my YouTube TV, even though i can watch it till end of the month, Im not going to waste my time if Tanner is still starting at the very least (ideally Sanford is gone)

Yes, this hurts. Need to punch them in.

FGs can win a game if the D shows up and doesn't give up big plays....but they gave up a 75 yard bomb and another short pass that turned into a long TD after three Goph defenders channeled the 3 stooges and knocked themselves off a TFL. Hilarious.

You got to give it the guy. We are going to go 5-4 in an awful Big 10 West and win 7 games overall. And because he has a very small fanatical adoring base of supporters and a friendly AD, PJ parlayed this into an extension. And in the past years, it put our coaches on the hot seat. It is bizarre.

The Sanford-Morgan combo can’t end soon enough here

Poor coaching decision making from Fleck and co. today
Unfortunately his coaching this season has cost the team more than just this game. He came into the season stating this was his best team here. Then he lays an egg on the season as the coach. Inexcusable the decisions he's made this year.

EDIT: Sticking with Tanner through thick and thin has got to be his #1 mistake above all.

Unfortunately his coaching this season has cost the team more than just this game. He came into the season stating this was his best team here. Then he lays an egg on the season as the coach. Inexcusable the decisions he's made this year.
I still like him as our HC. There’ll be changes after the year offensively. Definitely missed a big opportunity this year though.

Sanford-Morgan combo was a large fail as well.

When you shut down your QB all year and dont provide your receivers experience, this is what happens.
Exactly. You can’t in an emergency just switch on a dormant passing game that has been sitting in a damp basement getting rusty all season. The QB and WRs might not be in sync, might not be used to each other, might lack coordination. Our undependable passing game is the culmination of our OC and HC’s ignoring our passing game for the majority of the season. The result: our passing game and Tanner’s confidence look to be toast at this point.

Top Bottom