***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD - SATURDAY NIGHT PRIME TIME UNDER THE LIGHTS!!!***

No RB Sean Tyler.

No WR Elijah Spencer.

So much for the top offense transfer portal players this offseason.

Don't have a problem with the timeout but why wait 10 seconds to call it.
Exactly.....if you need to use the timeout there you use it but you don't run the clock down to put yourself in a position where you potentially get nothing before halftime. It worked out but easily could have backfired.

I'm not thrilled with our offense this half, defense doing an okay job vs the #2 team in the nation, but offense hasn't given them a break.

However, technically, if AK doesn't throw a pick 6 at the start of the game this would be a 1 score TD game....

A great individual effort by DJ doesn't change that it was rotten, terrible, no good clock management by PJ
PJ knew he was going to take one big shot at the endzone... and if that didn't go, I think he was going to kick the field goal. He didn't want to leave any time on the clock for Michigan. I don't know if I'm happy with his conservative game plan, but I do think he knew what he wanted to do.

That was an absolutely brutal two minute drill, we were ready to ride PJ out of town on a rail (myself included), and a prayer Hail Mary changes the narrative in an instant.

Going to enjoy this for a minute.

PJ knew he was going to take one big shot at the endzone... and if that didn't go, I think he was going to kick the field goal. He didn't want to leave any time on the clock for Michigan. I don't know if I'm happy with his conservative game plan, but I do think he knew what he wanted to do.
If you are actually trying to win, a field goal wouldn't do squat. That's the issue.

Now we have some momentum. Hopefully a touchdown to pull within 14 is not the highlight of our night.

Jim Harbaugh not happy with that last Gopher TD!
Guaranteed that Michigan is going to run up the score the second half. Not surprised if they pass the 50+ point mark.

It's not good and I'm drunk at the game. The offense sucks. Unimaginative and Williams Is out there way too much on non passing plays. I'm totally unapologetic about it, AK is not currently the answer.

Halftime Total Stats​

Team Stats
Game Stats
Michigan
Minnesota
First Downs87
Rushing Attempts1520
Rushing Yards8970
Rushing Avg5.93.5
Receptions85
Receiving Yards12452
Receiving Avg15.510.4
Passing Yards12452
Pass C-A-I8-10-05-12-1
Plays-Yards25-21332-122
Yards/Play8.523.81
Kick Return Yards0-00-0
Punt Return Yards1-00-0
Interception-Yards1-360-0
Fumbles-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Lost0-00-0
Penalties0-02-11
Punts1-36.03-44.3
Possession12:5217:08
3rd Down Eff1-41-7
4th Down Eff1-12-2

lol.....going to go out on a limb and say that first line of your post was BS based on everything else in it.

I mean if you are going to troll just go full troll....don't try and pretend like you are actually a fan.
Are you watching the game?

Just because I’m a Gophers fan doesn’t mean I throw away things like rationality and logic. We’re not in the same caliber as Michigan, and it’s because Fleck can’t recruit near the level of Michigan.

Cashing a 1st qtr spread ticket of MI -6.
Didn't bet the rest of the game as I wanted the Gophs to come back.

Just because I’m a Gophers fan doesn’t mean I throw away things like rationality and logic. We’re not in the same caliber as Michigan, and it’s because Fleck can’t recruit near the level of Michigan.

That's disingenuous. The Michigan vs Minnesota program landscape has been massively slanted since Bo Schembechler. You talk like the programs were even when PJ took over. They're a flicking blue blood. Yeah Captain Obvious, PJ can't recruit on their level. The sky is also blue.

That's disingenuous. The Michigan vs Minnesota program landscape has been massively slanted since Bo Schembechler. You talk like the programs were even when PJ took over. They're a flicking blue blood. Yeah Captain Obvious, PJ can't recruit on their level. The sky is also blue.

2003 - 2005, we played them competitively and it could be argued that we should have had a 3 game winning streak.

First half individual grades

AK C-
BSF C
ZE A+++++++++++
DJ A+++++++++++
BW B
OL D
Entire Dfense B-
Coach PJ C
OCs C
Joe Rossi B+

If it wasn’t for the pick 6 at the beginning of the game we’d be right in it.

lol....there are 2 teams in the current Big Ten that can recruit at the same level as Michigan....it isn't a Fleck issue....no Gopher coach can recruit at the same level of Michigan because we don't have the local talent base and all the other neccessary components to recruit at that level.

Nearly every team in the conference is going to be at a talent disadvantage when they play Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. They have to find a way to overcome it and get the W which of course is easier said than done.

They are going to have to take a full commercial break next year for the "I wanna live forever I don't care" B1G map commercial

Wonder if NBC considered how long that's going to take to run that house ad in the TV deal

Michigan is a really good team but all these stats of theirs should have a huge asterisk, in that their schedule is abysmal for a CFP level team. Remember when some of the computers had the Gophers top 5 about this time last year?

Top Bottom