***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD - SATURDAY NIGHT PRIME TIME UNDER THE LIGHTS!!!***

After 7 years the Gophers have regressed or the rest of the league has gotten better. Either way things will have to change before it gets better. Last year I suggested that the gophs gamble on a new coach as the future B10 was going to get a lot tougher. I even suggested a run at Luke Fickell b4 Wisconsin did. I was derided and called a Badger plant. Many on this board proclaimed that AK would be a Heisman candidate, Fleck was better coach than Fickell, and this year would be the year that Minnesota would win the west. Do any of you think this will still happen? Players coming out of high school are a lot more sophisticated today. The row your boat meme is worn out and the boat is sinking. Time for a change?
You were derided because there was zero chance Fickell would ever come to coach the Gophers.

You were derided because there was zero chance Fickell would ever come to coach the Gophers.
I’m not so sure. Who would of thought Wisc would have fired their coach and gone after Fickell? It still might not pan out but is the kind of move it will take to thrive in the new big 10.

The difference between a major historical winning program and one who relies on their success of the Warmath era. The ability to play 73 out of 74 players with 4 & 5 star players up and down the roster versus a team with 2 & 3 star recruits and a sharp drop off from the 1st to the 2nd team.

Tonight showed its not the coaching it's the failure of the Gopher to continue a winning culture from the 60's making it a destination place for the top players.

Get used to MN being a 2nd and 3rd level team...I don't see it changing anytime soon. So look for anything positive and root for any successes

Top Bottom