***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Oturu should sit out for the rest of the year. Him getting hurt would be a bigger gut punch than this loss.

Carr air balling a contested 3 is on the possession before that is on Pitino though. Needed to run SOMETHING the last 2 minutes.

he did. Williams passed up a wide open 3. Pitino helped at him for not shooting it.

Can't understand a fucking word coming out of Morsell's mouth in this post-game interview.

Did you enjoy our execution down the stretch? How about our "press breaker"?
We lost one possession on the press and then we came back and went long successfully. The inbounds play was not was cost us the game. The free throw shooting did. And...Maryland was able to hit a long three. Look, the coach is going to get fired but this loss is not on the coach.

team hasn’t learned how to win yet. no excuses. we are young, we have no seniors, we have one junior. these late game situation happen when you have no depth and your staters are tired. roster construction cannot continue to leave us in these situations.

Maryland made a tough shot. tip the hat.

I hope we never see a team with this much talent fail so hard again.

Sure. If they make free throws do you give him credit?

The coach's job is to the put the team the best possible chance to win. I blame Ricky for our inability to beat the press. I blame Ricky for leaving Demir in for long stretches (did you notice who was out when we went on our run). I blame Ricky for our offense the last two minutes of the game (sound familiar?).

The players missed the free throws. That's on them.

This game was a lock if carr and gabe both make only the front end of their trip then a mediocre shooter hits a deep defended 3 and you are blaming pitino? The spread was 1 pt it was going to end up a close game

Why do I keep caring so much only to see us piss away games like this? If I was even marginally normal, I would have stopped watching this team long ago. What a huge, huge bummer. If feel bad for those kids-they played their hearts out and choked again.

Hard to blame pitino for Carr and Gabe not making free throws
In any one moment yes. When your team shoots FT's in the closing minute with their hands around their neck, it's a reflection of the coaching staff.

Let's not trash the kids. They're wearing our colors. Just wondering though, what the attendance will be for our first round NIT game?

In any one moment yes. When your team shoots FT's in the closing minute with their hands around their neck, it's a reflection of the coaching staff.
How so?

Let's not trash the kids. They're wearing our colors. Just wondering though, what the attendance will be for our first round NIT game?
We're likely going to end the regular season 14-16. We're not going to the NIT.

I have never seen a D-1 team have such trouble getting the ball inbounds. Is it crappy play design or players who don't execute worth a damn? Trying to inbound in the back court and we have all 4 guys running within 10 feet of the baseline.

Regardless of what you think of coach, team, or what the outcome is...

The last two minutes of this game is why people don’t watch or attend college basketball as much in the regular season anymore.
this game is horribly officiated and it has taken a half hour to play the last minute and a half
Exactly right. Pathetic. Need to take away the reviews altogether

Pitino had some issues tonight. However, if his players execute at all in the final 4 minutes they win. He can’t make them make shots
Do you think the 4-10 record in games decided by 10 points or less is a coincidence?

Pitino's teams consistently play poorly in the biggest moments. You can blame execution but when execution is repeatedly an issue, that's a coaching issue.

why is this the fault of the coach? young men missed free throws at a critical part of the game. grow up. it sucks. like you guys would have made them. they tried their best. move on to the next game

Top Bottom