***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The Nebraska call was bad, but that was what 5 years ago? The only other high profile situation he's known for was the Fran stare down, where Fran was being the giant douche he always has been. He should have given Fran another T, and didn't. Iowa ended up winning that game because of it.

I'm not sure where all these other bad calls and saying he has a bad on-court demenor is coming from? He blends in most of the time, unlike Ted who you always knew immediately when he was officiating your game.

It's almost like you're mixing him up with someone else. He's a good ref who quickly worked his way up for a reason.
I am definitely not mixing him up with anyone else, and I have seen him with hair trigger T's in multiple situations. Catching 13 games in four days at the B1G Tournament (multiple times) gives an opportunity to identify the tendencies of refs. You like Kelly. I don't. Okay to agree to disagree.

I do think he is a hot dog who doesn't blend in.

I am definitely not mixing him up with anyone else, and I have seen him with hair trigger T's in multiple situations. Catching 13 games in four days at the B1G Tournament (multiple times) gives an opportunity to identify the tendencies of refs. You like Kelly. I don't. Okay to agree to disagree.

I do think he is a hot dog who doesn't blend in.
Preach!!

Mitchell took a shot in the first half that was definitely an, "I'm going to get my points" shot. He was frustrated that he wasn't getting any looks so he forced a three point shot and soon after he was gone for the rest of the half.
Sitting by the coach for awhile is not being in the dog house. It is good coaching when a player makes a mistake and he sits down to hear about it and think about it.

Johnson has created an exceptional team first culture with this squad and sitting/coaching is all part of that. Of course, when you have no bench as in the first two seasons, those opportunities for good coaching are limited.

Johnson sat Hawkins the last five minutes of the Missouri game. His passing had been eratic and his defense wasn't good enough to stay on the floor. Hawk's performance since then -- with the exception of San Fran -- has shown how well Johnson is bringing him along.

The ref who tee'd up Hawkins and made several bad calls was named John Davis, I believe. Short bald guy.

Also, does DJ Karstenson ref ALL of our games? Tall bald guy. He's made plenty of bad calls too. I saw him watching the replay on the screen of the goaltend. I'd love to know his thoughts...

Sitting by the coach for awhile is not being in the dog house. It is good coaching when a player makes a mistake and he sits down to hear about it and think about it.

Johnson has created an exceptional team first culture with this squad and sitting/coaching is all part of that. Of course, when you have no bench as in the first two seasons, those opportunities for good coaching are limited.

Johnson sat Hawkins the last five minutes of the Missouri game. His passing had been eratic and his defense wasn't good enough to stay on the floor. Hawk's performance since then -- with the exception of San Fran -- has shown how well Johnson is bringing him along.
Exceptional team culture!

The ref who tee'd up Hawkins and made several bad calls was named John Davis, I believe. Short bald guy.

Also, does DJ Karstenson ref ALL of our games? Tall bald guy. He's made plenty of bad calls too. I saw him watching the replay on the screen of the goaltend. I'd love to know his thoughts...
Here’s the three that did the Maryland game.
John Floyd, Rob Riley, D.J. Carstensen

Who will step up and take the technical foul against Indiana?

Nebraska - Mitchell (W)
Michigan - Payne (W)
Maryland - Hawkins (W)

Bonus: Missouri has three technicals to our zero and beat us.

Kelly isn't even close to being similar to Ted. He wasn't reffing the game yesterday either. He's made a few bad calls before, they all do, but he's a good guy on and off the court.
I don't Know about Kelly. But as a now retire college and high school basketball official I am in total agreement with you on Ted Valentine, arrogantly strutting around like a peacock as if the fans were there to watch him. Wondering if he finally retired.

Not sure what his name is but I agree the short little bald ref was horrible on Sunday

Tall bald guy is the worst. Whenever I see him, I know it's going to be a frustrating game. He was hard on both teams Sunday, but the Gophs got the worse deal of the two.

Top Bottom