***OFFICIAL MAINE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I have not watched many of the non-conference games but I am seeing improvements . It will be fun to see how this translates to conference play.

I will never understand giving a true low block guy touches on or behind the 3pt line. PP is a beast in the lane, outside of that he doesn't have the ability to make plays, thus we get a travel.

Even the Diana Ross hair can't save II, hes really regressed.

Not sure if it's just me but every time Mitchell shoots I think it's going in. He takes some interesting shots but I do like his shot and confidence
Me put a little strudel on thst last dunk for yah😉

Ufdah!!

Not to keep on it. But what the actual fudge is going on with that rim??

He lets Payne sit what 5-6 minutes now, I just do not understand why you dont have your best player tonight in down the stretch.

I was kinda hoping the Gophers could hold them under 60. 18 point win, I'm good with that! Although it seemed like the guys cruised a few times until Maine got close, then put on a burst to stretch it out. Good to see Garcia (rust) and CC recover from rough offensive starts.

I was kinda hoping the Gophers could hold them under 60. 18 point win, I'm good with that! Although it seemed like the guys cruised a few times until Maine got close, then put on a burst to stretch it out. Good to see Garcia (rust) and CC recover from rough offensive starts.
I agree, glad to see they improved the kinks offensively w/ Garcia coming back out there. I was concerned they'd lose the ball movement they'd had with him out. It was slow with him in at first but definitely improved

What's better, Michigan losing tonight or would it have been better if they would have won?

Or CBJ is working on different lineups to get ready for the B10.

The ability to be negative about a solid win is mind boggling to me

The win was fine, and thankfully this awful non-conference is over.

Not starting Payne has been a 2 year problem. It's inexcusable at this point.

You don’t like Ola Joseph? Announcer thinks he’s NBA material

Front court does feel a little difficult to budget minutes for with Garcia back, but I agree. In the two conference games he's played >30mins so hopefully BJ keeps that up.

Or CBJ is working on different lineups to get ready for the B10.

The ability to be negative about a solid win is mind boggling to me
The only reason they were even in the game is because they lost by 18.

What's better, Michigan losing tonight or would it have been better if they would have won?
It doesn't matter.
It's a winnable road game in the B1G and we just need to focus on playing hard for 40 minutes. Also, it's payback time for getting spanked by Michigan last year. I hope our kids haven't forgotten that pounding they took. Payback is a...

gophers up to 82 on kenpom, flying by indiana (and UCLA) and soon catching up with maryland, rutgers and michigan

hoping we get by the anteaters soon

Given how our guards have been playing, I like the 3 guard offense, so if you start Paune, who do you sit.? Not Garcia, of course, and JOJ has proven his worth, No shame in coming off the bench. Naz Reid does for the Wolves. Payne is shooting less than 50% from the line. He can still rack up a lot of minutes (and points and rebs) coming off the bench. He may start some games depending on matchups. And now that Carrington is back, where do his minutes come from? He is not only a top defender, but one of the best rebounders (per minutes played).

Last edited:

I couldn't watch the game and forgot to record. Sincere question: do we look better with Garcia or without?

Top Bottom