***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Any chance they can make the Dance due to a really good APR?
Only way that they're gonna make the Big Dance is if they make the B1G tournament championship game. Which I highly doubt they'll be able to accomplish, but stranger things has happened before. So who tf knows.🤷

Only way that they're gonna make the Big Dance is if they make the B1G tournament championship game. Which I highly doubt they'll be able to accomplish, but stranger things has happened before. So who tf knows.🤷

They'd have to win the BTT now.

Worst IU team since Crean's early years and they run us out of the gym in both games. Brutal. Guessing the NET will rise back into the 80's after this performance.
Won't be a pretty number.

Obvious statement of the night - The roster needs to get deeper and the guys that you bring in need to be good players.

Also need to recruit the current guys back (The ones that can actually play at this level)

Reality check tonight
Yep, you can't continue to waste scholarships with players who should never play (Wilson) and by not having a proper roster construction.

The following players are sharing potential minutes at the 4/5: Garcia, Fox, Ihnen, Payne, JOJ, Betts, and Wilson. We only have 4 players who can conceivably play 1-3.

Even if all our guards are back next season, we should add another guard (or two) to join Asuma.

Yep, you can't continue to waste scholarships with players who should never play (Wilson) and by not having a proper roster construction.

The following players are sharing potential minutes at the 4/5: Garcia, Fox, Ihnen, Payne, JOJ, Betts, and Wilson. We only have 4 players who can conceivably play 1-3.

Even if all our guards are back next season, we should add another guard (or two) to join Asuma.
Absolutely. You've got to find a way to open up scholarships if those bench guys are trying to stay as well.

Ben has done a good job with some guys, he has really not handled the JOJ situation well. There are things that kid can do that I think other coaches would get out of him.

JOJ is probably gone. There is zero reason for him not to play in a game like tonight when you're looking for anyone to create a spark (other than Fox).

I'm sure it's been decided for a while now, and JOJ is doing the "be a good supportive teammate," and CBJ will help him land on his feet after the season. I think it's a bummer, as his upside is through the roof. I hope I'm wrong.

I still like our nucleus (assuming the starting five sticks around), with Asuma adding some spot PG duty next year, but Ben needs to add:
  • A sure-fire combo guard with size and athleticism (maybe two of these)
  • A physical center that can help defensively with the "bigger/physical" teams
Our "deep" team's rotations now resemble Ben's Year 1 team, with which he ran out the Iron 5 in the BTT.

Yikes. stocker, Pilgrim, Rock, Johnny and the gang are going to beat the crap out of the Big10Network guys because they were really critical of the Gophers tonight and you know how that brain trust reacts to anyone who doesn't believe in the strict adherence to the company line.
Welcome back to the board!

A couple thoughts on this game...
-Really a poorly coached game by Ben- Indiana has Ware and Reneu each with 2 fouls in the first half. Right there you send it into Payne and Garcia every time up court.
-With the starters playing this poorly- why not play JOJ, Keinys, or Betts for a few minutes to inject some energy
- I have to assume that something has gone down between Ben and JOJ and JOJ is gone after this year. Zero minutes in a game like this? It seems JOJ would be a good Galloway matchup to me.
- Most every player but Fox stunk it up. Mitchell put out the effort on D at least- just couldn't make shots.

One of the poorest coached and played games I have seen.

JOJ is probably gone. There is zero reason for him not to play in a game like tonight when you're looking for anyone to create a spark (other than Fox).

I'm sure it's been decided for a while now, and JOJ is doing the "be a good supportive teammate," and CBJ will help him land on his feet after the season. I think it's a bummer, as his upside is through the roof. I hope I'm wrong.

I still like our nucleus (assuming the starting five sticks around), with Asuma adding some spot PG duty next year, but Ben needs to add:
Our "deep" team's rotations now resemble Ben's Year 1 team, with which he ran out the Iron 5 in the BTT.
Over/under on open scholarships among the 11 who can return is 3.5 IMO. I'd take the over. What's important is who the 4-5 are. JOJ is probably a no-brainer. I think Fox is done. At least one of Ihnen/Kenys/Betts. If any of the starters leave we will be hurting and need a HR in the portal.

sure-fire combo guard with size and athleticism (maybe two of these)
This is most important to me. The combination of Hawkins, Mitchell, Carrington and Asuma is not an NCAA Tournament level backcourt. I know we like these guys and they've improved, but it's not.

Of course you're right we'll need at least a post or 2 as well simply for depths sake. But man Ben has GOT to make sure they are playable players. He needs to be able to get that level of guys.

I'd love to add a guy like Sean Sutherlin and then just add more guard depth (someone to play in a pinch).

Long time lurker here, what a first game to post in. I think the coaching staff deserves a lot of credit with this season, they have been generally very good. However, I am confused as to why we cant play any of the bench guys spot minutes? yeah maybe the staff doesnt feel like they are going to be overly effective but the other side is that playing 40 minutes at this point in the season is not reasonable. If i'm a bench guy after this game im looking for a new home. "If i cant get minutes when the starters arent putting in effort then what am i doing here?"

Top Bottom