***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

EE should be the starter again, for one. Walker doesn't hustle and doesn't execute fundamental basketball. The team follows suit.

Get your eyeglasses fixed Elliot is NOT a good player and certainly not better than Walker.

One bad play cant make your team wet their pants the rest of the way.

It "can't", but it does. You saw everything change at that moment. Just like one missed field goal can't make your team freak out, but it cost the Vikings a Super Bowl in 98.

Well it's time to move onto the Gopher hock...err, Wild hoc...err, Twins? How bad does it have to be that I am not looking forward to the Twins season to start?

I'm looking forward to the Twins. I enjoy the first couple months of the year and then tune out once they start to give up. Same for the wolves although injuries caused me to tune out early this year.

But as far as real excitement goes. I'm just waiting for Vikings and Gopher Football to start again. It's gonna be a long off season.

Will Pitino ever do anything about it? It's at the nothing to lose point.

Agreed. He has nothing to lose. If he doesn't shake things up a bit, the team is headed to a four to six win Big Ten season.

EE should be the starter again, for one. Walker doesn't hustle and doesn't execute fundamental basketball. The team follows suit.

I've been noticing this about Mo as well. Plays completely sloppy, doesn't hustle and rarely plays defense.

The sad part is, other than Maryland, we could have won 3 of these. Mental midgets.

Pitino was sure angry with Ben Johnson toward the end there. He was pointing at him and screaming.

We need to consider changing our school nickname to the Groundhogs because this kind of s**t keeps happening over and over and over.

Get your eyeglasses fixed Elliot is NOT a good player and certainly not better than Walker.

Show me the +/- stats from this game and prove me wrong. There's a hell of a lot more to a basketball player than the ability to score. If you want to watch scoring only and zero fundamental basketball, watch the NBA instead.

Remember when we were going to lose Pitino to a better program after his explosive success this season? It's been explosive alright. Tough loss. Gotta bounce back.

I'm not sure if I've seen a roster as full of choke artists as this one. I need to mentally check out from this team a bit, I don't want to scream myself hoarse for 14 more conference games.

Remember when we were going to lose Pitino to a better program after his explosive success this season? It's been explosive alright. Tough loss. Gotta bounce back.

Yup, on the plus side, our great coach isn't going anywhere.

Explosive likes what happens when you drink Mexican water.

Bounce back? If you haven't won a game what are you 'bouncing back' to?

At least they didn't tease us this year though. They went full on wolves and sucked from the get go.

True. Watching games all February with cold disinterest will be different.

Coach was reading Johnson the riot act. Pointing his finger at him and screaming...maybe someone will hear what is going on with that.

Well, at this point, the season has nowhere to go but up. I've written us off for the NCAA tourney, and we're not a major player in the NIT, either.

Hollins threw up a brick 2 feet away from the basket on a wide open layup... Hollins, lazy pass to Mathieu. King throwing a couple of lazy passes to the other team. Mathieu terrible passing, needs to calm down. We need a leader on this team. I'm really not sure if Coach Pitino knows how to use his players correctly. Morris was pretty unstoppable, so why not keep feeding him the ball?

When we were up by about 8 half way through the second half they needed to put it away. This team can not do that. This is the same team that shined and played so well in the NIT Tournament and looked like they had so much promise this year. Granted they are now - Austin. They really miss Austin defensively. This team was to have all this senior leadership but instead is blowing 8 point second half leads on a weekly basis.

Walker is a better scorer, that's it, and he's not such a great scorer against Big Ten competition. I'd love to see a +/- per minute analysis of the two centers in Big Ten play. What really matters is how well the team does with a particular lineup, not how much a particular player scores versus another. Buggs, and maybe even Bakary, should take more of Joey's minutes at this point as well.

The announcers even alluded to the fact that the corners are where you get your shots against that zone, Mason and Hollins in the corner and Mathieu and Morris out front, no adjustment, no points in the last five minutes.

It's kind of sad to think that we could actually be 2-7 or 3-6. Realistically.

Top Bottom