*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-SAN JOSE STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Any one that thinks we'll stop anyone in the B1G better hope we show some D improvement in the second half

hageman has to be tired, doubled on every damn play. how arent we gettting at fales with others? good thing its almost halftime, we seem to make very good adjustments at the half and play tough in the 2nd

Hagemen is touted as a first round draft pick, he should be beating double teams from the like of SJSU.

The team on the field right now doesn't win a conference game.

Let's win today for starters!

You already know other QB's in the Big10 are looking at our Secondary as an opportunity to put up Career numbers...

Hagemen is touted as a first round draft pick, he should be beating double teams from the like of SJSU.

to be fair sjsu isnt the University of the Blind. they may not be a great team but they are ok. i think most teams can double up a dt and have success at the college level, even if they are highly touted. if hageman is getting doubled, others need to beat their man and hit fales. hageman needs to also beat the double but others really need to get it going

It has been pretty entertaining. Good thing is I doubt we'll play another QB of this caliber for the rest of the year. Bad thing is... we could still lose, because it takes us 5 mins to score, it takes them 2 minutes. Our kicker, or lack of... may end up losing the game. This is a game where we need the defense and the special teams to make some big plays.

This is the game we realize we're missing Michael Carter. He was an elite corner last year and we certainly don't have one this year. Wells and Murray are just ok. BBC may have been our best corner and his injury really hurts.

You already know other QB's in the Big10 are looking at our Secondary as an opportunity to put up Career numbers...

Our safeties couldn't cover my mother, and she's 92 and has had both her hips replaced.

It has been pretty entertaining. Good thing is I doubt we'll play another QB of this caliber for the rest of the year. Bad thing is... we could still lose, because it takes us 5 mins to score, it takes them 2 minutes. Our kicker, or lack of... may end up losing the game. This is a game where we need the defense and the special teams to make some big plays.

I'm more concerned how bad our Secondary looks regardless of Farles...

This is the game we realize we're missing Michael Carter. He was an elite corner last year and we certainly don't have one this year. Wells and Murray are just ok. BBC may have been our best corner and his injury really hurts.

Yeah, have to disagree. Carter had his moments, but wasn't elite by any stretch. We are really missing BBC who was our best corner this year till he blew out his knee.

296 yards passing in 1 half. I'd say this does not speak well for our front line which has not hurried the passer 1 single pass. Nor does it speak well for our secondary, that has left people virtually uncovered 20 yards downfield.

The best news is that we have kept their D line on the field for a big part of the first half. Maybe we can continue to run it down their gullets. Better yet, their wide outs must be really tired!

After good showing last week, Leidner is just 2 for 6 for 39 yards. Not likely to win completing four passes in a game.

And yes, Fales is very good. Probably the best QB we'll face this year. I'm not convinced blitzing is the answer because he makes quick decisions and gets rid of the ball quick as well. Our DB's just have to play better. We have to keep their WR's in front of us and tackle. It's ridiculous he can get rid of the ball within 2-3 seconds and guys are open downfield.

Understand, David Fales is far better than any qb in the B1G. Todays game is the biggest passing test we'll see all season, though we still have to cover MUCH better!

Understand, David Fales is far better than any qb in the B1G. Todays game is the biggest passing test we'll see all season, though we still have to cover MUCH better!

Not sure I think fales is better than any qb in the big ten. I think I would take both qb's at Ohio st, kid from mich, scheelhouse, and martinez over fales...but I agree fales is talented

296 yards passing in 1 half. I'd say this does not speak well for our front line which has not hurried the passer 1 single pass. Nor does it speak well for our secondary, that has left people virtually uncovered 20 yards downfield.

The best news is that we have kept their D line on the field for a big part of the first half. Maybe we can continue to run it down their gullets. Better yet, their wide outs must be really tired!

I think we *HAVE* to score coming out in the 3rd. The reason I say this is because if we don't & they score then we're going to go away from our Gameplan because we'll be playing catchup & desperation might seep in since we know we can't stop their passing attack...

We need a TD & then to stop them on a possession to keep the momentum in our favor... right now you can tell they believe they can win this game if they stop our running attack just once...

Not sure I think fales is better than any qb in the big ten. I think I would take both qb's at Ohio st, kid from mich, scheelhouse, and martinez over fales...but I agree fales is talented

Exactly... just because he looks good torching us doesn't mean he's better then any QB we'll see on our schedule. Same people saying this were saying UNLV looked mighty improved just because they were able to move the ball against us but looked like trash against Arizona...

SECURITY-GUARD-2.gif

Ouch...

Looks like SJSU spent the bye week ditching the pro style, QB under center offense they switched to this year and went back to what they did last year. Awesome. Yet another team that came in doing something they hadn't shown this year yet, if I'm not mistaken.

Hope Nelson comes back next week. Mitch has been horrendous throwing the ball, save for one throw. He needs to loosen up

Top Bottom