*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-SAN JOSE STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Stan

Reaction score
I'll be getting up early to tailgate so I wanted to get this started! The secondary will face a tough test, but it should be an emotionally charged crowd there to support Coach Kill. Let's get after it!!

with the negativity from the local media as well as a few others coach kill is going to have this team ready and fired up... something to prove with this one... I expect we finally see some dominate line play on both sides of the ball.. Hageman will have the type of game I have come to expect against "weaker" opponents... Im expecting a Stanford like score because our drives will be power running game.-... chewing up the clock.. I think we will see a monster game for Williams on offence.. he is the best offensive passing weapon 6-8 catches 80-90yds 2 td's ... he gets unleashed... after the game, there will be a legitimate qb controversy.. mitch will have a 12/13-20 165 2 1 type game....

im very excited for this game... going to shut some naysayers up

Here is a little love from Fargo from a fellow Gopher fan.

attachment.php

SJSU seems to have trouble stopping the run because of their small D-Line so this could be a game where playing vanilla might not be such a bad idea & keep the playbook closed until Iowa...

I think our Offense gets a lot of yards & points this game... it'll just come down to whether we can stop the pass ala Syracuse 2012 or not...

Let's thump them. Leaving for the tailgate in 4 minutes (my girlfriend is delaying me).

Pulse of the nation: ESPN runs a game on their website called "Streak for the Cash". Players pick the winners of games and try to build the longest streak of correct picks for the month. One of the games up for pick is the Gophers/SJSU. Right now, 97.4% of people picking this game have the Gophers winning. That number shocks me.

Pulse of the nation: ESPN runs a game on their website called "Streak for the Cash". Players pick the winners of games and try to build the longest streak of correct picks for the month. One of the games up for pick is the Gophers/SJSU. Right now, 97.4% of people picking this game have the Gophers winning. That number shocks me.

Shocks me too! Makes me think that either people are ignorant about San Jose State, there haven't been many picks so the number is skewed, or people are just rooting for Kill to win this game after last week.

Really looking for the O-line to step it up today and dominate. We need to gain more momentum heading in to the B1G schedule.

Really looking for the O-line to step it up today and dominate. We need to gain more momentum heading in to the B1G schedule.

SJSU's D-Line is undersized... we *SHOULD* be able to control the line on Offense today...

We need our offense to show up today. We can't rely on defensive and special teams touchdowns every week.

Offense scores 28 points and holds the ball for 35 minutes and we win this game.

Go Gophers!
minnesota_football.jpg

The big worry for me is can we offset the fact that we're facing a potential 1st round pick at quarterback and starting a redshirt freshman in his first career start? That's a major difference. If we can't run the ball today we'll lose. Gotta control the clock, keep them off the field, and when they are on the field force them into 3rd and long and get big pressure on Fales.

With that said, I predicted 27-9 Gophers in the prediction thread and I'm sticking with it!

Hello friends.

Jaymil, you have the Gopher score correct, but missed SJSU's score by 15.

Great first series for the Defense! Came out much sharper then against UNLV & NMSU...

Damn, a 51 yd fg attempt? He almost made it, but that's a big surprise to me. You gotta have a lot of faith in the defense to try something like that.

Jeez. You run it on 3rd and long if you're looking at a 51 yard fg attempt if you throw an incomplete pass. You try to pick up 3-4 yards and go for a 47 yarder.

Top Bottom