*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Manuel

OK defensive gurus, does it look like he gets taken out on plays to his side. I know that he;s trying, but it looks like he's easily blocked.

If you're going to bring it up, then at least call out that f*** monkey Souhan by name.

Trash Talking Souhan!! I love it!

AT least we battled our butts off today!!!!!

What????? We were physically dominated the whole game. Iowa had their way with us and you say we battled our butts off today? I hope you we being sarcastic.

Outgained 464-165. Flat out got our butt's kicked again by Iowa. God this sucks.

If Souhan gets canned from the Strib this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty loss will have been worth it.

Poor game strategy. Way too conservative. We had success with the short & medium pass but Limegrover would rather run into a wall or go outside and get stuffed against one of the best run defenses. Nelson is not great, but how is he expected to improve by handing off all the time? Our defense is suspect and this terrible O kept them on the field way too long.

Thought Brock Vereen, Marcus Jones, and Damien Wilson played well. Kick returns overall were pretty good.

D-line got worked, O-Line and RB got nothing really.

Nelson made some good throws. But took way too many sacks he didn't need to and missed a lot of easy throws. Tough game.

What????? We were physically dominated the whole game. Iowa had their way with us and you say we battled our butts off today? I hope you we being sarcastic.

1) Iowa won the trenches on both sides
2)Nelson needs to throw the ball away vs. take a sack
3) Nelson's passing decisions were poor and off target

Improvements? I don't know where to start. We've got too many holes to fix. Our D is undersized and were manhandled. Our O Linemen are getting bitten to open lanes to get to the passer or the ball carriers. Our passing game is dismal. They effectively shut down our running game, and we have no passing game. We need more team depth. Knowing Coach Kill, this is a teaching moment.

For a depleted secondary, I thought our defense played well enough to win. They were on the field way too much. We just don't have the horses up front on O.

Thought Brock Vereen, Marcus Jones, and Damien Wilson played well. Kick returns overall were pretty good.

D-line got worked, O-Line and RB got nothing really.

Nelson made some good throws. But took way too many sacks he didn't need to and missed a lot of easy throws. Tough game.

I'd add Botticelli to that list. That is just about it.

there was a poster on here who said passing is overrated... i wonder how he feels now...

The boys tried really hard!!! We'll get'em next time.

Compared to last year I think the Defense played well enough... Offense just couldn't stay on the field...

Poor game strategy. Way too conservative. We had success with the short & medium pass but Limegrover would rather run into a wall or go outside and get stuffed against one of the best run defenses. Nelson is not great, but how is he expected to improve by handing off all the time? Our defense is suspect and this terrible O kept them on the field way too long.

I agree. Despite Iowa's stout run D we decided we'd still be conservative and try to run the ball early anyways. Credit Iowa's offensive coordinator for opening things up early and mixing the run and pass and keeping our defense guessing. We came out conservative and ended up getting down early as expected. Nelson isn't great throwing the ball but it was foolish of our offensive staff to think we could come out and pound the ball.

If Souhan gets canned from the Strib this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty loss will have been worth it.
*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# no it won't. That's everything that's wrong with the attitude around here. Millions of posts that don't have *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# to do with the game.

I'd trade a million Souhans for one win against Iowa.

Dude update your sarcasm detector seriously.

Bottom line is we got dominated by a bad football team. We're really bad much worse than I thought before this game.

I'm glad we waited until the Iowa game to unleash our potent passing attack!

Time to get smashed and root for the meteor in Columbus

Streveler will be in the mix next year. Is he supposed to a more accurate passer out of the three?

I think so. I don't follow football recruiting all that closely, but sounds like he is the real deal. Granted, the same was said about Nelson.

I agree. Despite Iowa's stout run D we decided we'd still be conservative and try to run the ball early anyways. Credit Iowa's offensive coordinator for opening things up early and mixing the run and pass and keeping our defense guessing. We came out conservative and ended up getting down early as expected. Nelson isn't great throwing the ball but it was foolish of our offensive staff to think we could come out and pound the ball.
Limegrover is bad at his job. I'm laughing now at people thinking we were waiting for this game to show our true offense as if we were hiding our best plays. Average qb, average rbs, way below average wrs and a soft o line.

Top Bottom