*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Was that this first time Nelson ran the ball? That's why we can't run, we're running our offense completely differently. Previous games our qb was running all over the place

that was against slower & smaller players...

Minnesota has five first downs....all converted by throwing the ball. Passing isn't the issue. No running game. Penalties. Bad O-Line play.

Horrible poise by the QB. Turnovers. Blown Coverages. No Pass Rush. Must we go on?

Over/Under 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half

Absolutely pathetic 1st half of football (coaches, players, everyone). We will get a good idea what this team is made of by seeing what they do in the 2nd half.

Never have understood how a team, which has a full week to get ready for a homecoming game against a heated rival, can come out not ready to play. Iowa just wants this game a whole lot more than our guys do, which is sickening. Add to that the fact that the passing game is atrocious to go along with the fact that Iowa has an above average rush defense and you get the same broken record "reality check" that has been Gopher football.

Maybe they can come back in the second half (I sincerely hope so), but this looks all too familiar at this point in time.

But it's that big Jerry Kill Year Three I'd been hearing about for so long!

Kill recruited much, much better athletes at Northern Illinois. Nobody good wants to come to Minnesota. Nelson and Leidner are below average qb's. They do not belong in the B1G. If you can't see this, you're blind as a bat. These guys wouldn't even start at NDSU. It's a joke.

If we get are getting destroyed at the point of attack against a mediocre Iowa team, what will Wisconsin, Michigan etc do to us?

Over. Limegrover can read. He'll see we're down a bunch and realize we have to pass. I'm assuming, of course, he'll sneak a peek at the scoreboard.

Got outgained 229-80 in the first half. I get Kill has only had 2 recruiting classes and blah blah blah, but this is his third year and we're getting our asses kicked by a mediocre Iowa team. A team that went 4-8 last year. This was the game to make a statement and we've embarrassed ourselves so far.

If we get are getting destroyed at the point of attack against a mediocre Iowa team, what will Wisconsin, Michigan etc do to us?

Pretty much the same as they've done to us the past 5 years.

Over/Under 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half

I'll take the under.

Now we see why Ferentz punted twice early on those 4th and 2's. No need to take chances against us.

Anyone watch San Jose St. last night? They got absolutely pasted by Utah St. at home.

Gophers averaging less than a yard per carry right now. For a run-first team, the zero on the scoreboard is what we can expect when this happens.

But it's that big Jerry Kill Year Three I'd been hearing about for so long!

Kill recruited much, much better athletes at Northern Illinois. Nobody good wants to come to Minnesota. Nelson and Leidner are below average qb's. They do not belong in the B1G. If you can't see this, you're blind as a bat. These guys wouldn't even start at NDSU. It's a joke.

Over reaction much? 'Blind as a bat'. That's a joke. Phillip Nelson and Mitch Leidner were both good quarterback recruits. They may even be starting at other Big Ten schools right now, its just a bad game plan and work ethicfrom everyone.

Got outgained 229-80 in the first half. I get Kill has only had 2 recruiting classes and blah blah blah, but this is his third year and we're getting our asses kicked by a mediocre Iowa team. A team that went 4-8 last year. This was the game to make a statement and we've embarrassed ourselves so far.

Its one thing to lose a close game to your rivals no matter what their record. It's a whole other thing to get destroyed at home by crappy rival teams. If we can't get up for this game, then we're not going to win much. We lack so much leadership by the QBs. I sure hope Leidner gets a chance in the 2nd half.

Who starts the 2nd half at QB? I think we should make a change, but I bet we won't. Nelson threw the stupid INT and missed (over the wrong shoulder) a wide open receiver on a key 3rd down.

This is sad, living amongst so many Hogeye fans makes it even harder.

Northern Illinoi since Kill left: 27-5

So, your saying Kill left a program better off than he found it? Wish any coach we have had in the last 50 years could say the same. Oh, Kill was 10-2 his last season there.

Yes we are getting beat. Yes, it isn't pretty. No this isn't the first time, or the last time this will happen. Other than tOSU & Wisconsin, Iowa is our toughest match up. They meet our meat with their meat and their meat is bigger, has 3 LBs on the Butkis watch list and starts Srs & Jrs on both lines.

I don't like getting shut out and I think we are playing way to conservatively right now...but that his how Kill rolls. He wont put us in a position to lose if he can avoid it...keep it close. We are past that now. We will open it up in the second half and hope IA makes some mistakes.

This game is evidence that maybe Kill's strategy of wanting to schedule home game cupcakes in the non-conference is the wrong way to go. After the first half of the game, it's obvious we've learned nothing about his team. 4-0 meant absolutely nothing unless we somehow squeak out 2 conference wins and get to a crappy bowl game. And last I checked, there's no Purdue or Illinois on the schedule this year.

there's really no need for excuses... i think it's clear Iowa is just the better team...

This team and coaching staff had absolutely no planning into this. Oh so we can run against NMSU???? And don't need to work on our passing game?? Huh.... This game is everything I feared, except I thought we'd score at least once (but still miss the PAT).

Over reaction much? 'Blind as a bat'. That's a joke. Phillip Nelson and Mitch Leidner were both good quarterback recruits. They may even be starting at other Big Ten schools right now, its just a bad game plan and work ethicfrom everyone.

See you're blind. Look at how they throw and compare to any B1G QB. They look like high school quarterbacks. Good QB's throw the ball much tighter, much faster. These guys are good guys, they're not D1 QB's regardless of how they were ranked in HS. They're comparable to Christian Ponder. Just out of their league. Sorry to break the news to you and what can anyone do if you're too blind to see this.

there's really no need for excuses... i think it's clear Iowa is just the better team...

Iowa's clearly the better team. Things could change in the 2nd half, but I'm not expecting a miracle...

Who starts the 2nd half at QB? I think we should make a change, but I bet we won't. Nelson threw the stupid INT and missed (over the wrong shoulder) a wide open receiver on a key 3rd down.

Not a good throw but it would help if the WR uses two hands.

See you're blind. Look at how they throw and compare to any B1G QB. They look like high school quarterbacks. Good QB's throw the ball much tighter, much faster. These guys are good guys, they're not D1 QB's regardless of how they were ranked in HS. They're comparable to Christian Ponder. Just out of their league. Sorry to break the news to you and what can anyone do if you're too blind to see this.

The ball Nelson threw tight and faster Fruechte dropped

Adam Weber was a much. much better QB than these two. If you can't see this, you have no eye for the QB position. Sorry to break the news.

Top Bottom