***OFFICIAL FGCU VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The foot is a complex mechanical structure of the human body composed of 33 joints, 26 bones, and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments that all work together to bear weight, allow for locomotion, and transmit force. The joints of the foot are made wherever two or more of the foot bones meet.

"Jerry...did you know the human head weighs eight (8) pounds?"

I was thinking the same thing today. Every time he made a play my thought process was, "OK, what's it going to take for next year? $1M? $2M? Where's the money coming from?"

For 100 years the athletes were completely screwed. Now it's ungovernable chaos.
The fact that they kept Daniel Jackson and Taylor on the football side gives me some hope. DTA isn't OSU but we're not MIA on NIL anymore either.

I was thinking the same thing today. Every time he made a play my thought process was, "OK, what's it going to take for next year? $1M? $2M? Where's the money coming from?"

For 100 years the athletes were completely screwed. Now it's ungovernable chaos.
I don't see the problem. If the market dictates $1.5M, then you pay him that. Period.

No problem, we just do what everyone else does.

Why should this be some sort of crisis?

I don't see the problem. If the market dictates $1.5M, then you pay him that. Period.

The crisis is we don’t have access to the kind of money most of us think we need to compete. Culturally people with the kind of money to pay players are not the kind of people who think paying players is a good idea.

I would put myself into that category, except I don’t have the money. If I’m giving money away I think there are greater needs than paying players getting free educations.

A rational reason for doing it is paying a player to do something that could help your business. That idea seems long gone now.

The crisis is we don’t have access to the kind of money most of us think we need to compete. Culturally people with the kind of money to pay players are not the kind of people who think paying players is a good idea.

I would put myself into that category, except I don’t have the money. If I’m giving money away I think there are greater needs than paying players getting free educations.
THIS
A rational reason for doing it is paying a player to do something that could help your business. That idea seems long gone now.

The foot is a complex mechanical structure of the human body composed of 33 joints, 26 bones, and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments that all work together to bear weight, allow for locomotion, and transmit force. The joints of the foot are made wherever two or more of the foot bones meet.
False. There's only one foot bone.

The foot bone's connected to the...ankle bone.
The ankle bone's connected to the...leg bone...

Was Jack Wilson hurt? We will need him against Purdue if not for his 5 fouls alone.

While the NIL situation at the U appears to have improved, I think it's highly unlikely the U can offer Christie market value to stay if he's as good as he appears at this point. Secondly, the professional leagues typically, though not always, structure multi year deals with players. Currently, it's year to year in college. That adds to the instability.

I hate that we have a freshman who looks like he might be the best guard since Amir (and might eventually be better) and we're already worried about losing him before the BIG season really gets going. Somebody please fix this portal/NIL crap.
I'm all for reinstating the rule that if you transfer you need to sit a year. Otherwise, all smaller programs just become farm teams for bigger schools with money to buy the best players. I think doing that would also put a check on some of the NIL spending. The way things are now Minnesota could be in danger of losing more players than just Christie. I don't blame the players for taking advantage of this. I do blame the system as it currently is, and I think it is ruining college sports.

Top Bottom