***OFFICIAL FGCU VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Slow start, settled in by halftime then kicked it into high gear in the second. FGCU is nothing special but holy crap our team has had some really impressive runs so far this year.

If they can figure out how to not dig a hole in the first half we could really have something decent here.

Well, that 7th win after 10 games leaves us only one win short of last year's regular season total with 21 games left.

Hawkins 2 Turnovers in 31 minutes, which you can definitely live with from your point guard. Nobody else had more than 1 turnover. Did a great job of taking care of the ball.
I agree for the most part. But, I think he can be better, particularly on his decisions. He is so important.

Only 7 turnovers? Is that correct?
Box score says six. Four were in the first five minutes.
Slow start, settled in by halftime then kicked it into high gear in the second. FGCU is nothing special but holy crap our team has had some really impressive runs so far this year.

If they can figure out how to not dig a hole in the first half we could really have something decent here.
Early turnovers were bad but starting 3-17 shooting was aided by a few shots that were down and found a way to come back out.

I agree for the most part. But, I think he can be better, particularly on his decisions. He is so important.
Two turnovers and 11 assists again. He also scrapped hard on defense out on the floor and caused some turnovers. To do much better he needs a perfect game. Not likely for a guy handling the ball that much.

On Twitter saw someone claim that Payne asked to be taken out because his foot was bothering him again. You could tell he didn't have much lift on his last bucket.
The foot is a complex mechanical structure of the human body composed of 33 joints, 26 bones, and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments that all work together to bear weight, allow for locomotion, and transmit force. The joints of the foot are made wherever two or more of the foot bones meet.

The foot is a complex mechanical structure of the human body composed of 33 joints, 26 bones, and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments that all work together to bear weight, allow for locomotion, and transmit force. The joints of the foot are made wherever two or more of the foot bones meet.
Well said, my friend, well said.

It's clear to me that we need to develop (evolve) less complex feet. :unsure:

A terrible start. They continue to have these brutal stretches.

Overall nice win. They cleaned up the turnovers and played really good defense for the last 30 minutes or so.

Having consistent shooters like Christie and Mitchell is what’s really been lacking from this program for a long time.

When healthy, we have a rotation of 9. There isn’t a guy in that 9 that I instantly think “oh boy” when they enter the game. Any one of those 9 are able to give you a solid/good 20+ minutes. It allows to have a lot of flexibility depending on opponent and who has the hot hand.

I’m not on the NCAA tournament bandwagon by any means but I’m cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Fun game to attend, guys were moving half speed to start but figured out which gear they needed after about 10 minutes. Awesome to see Ihnen knock down some shots and take it to the rim a couple of times. Payne was definitely laboring something, his energy was very low in the first half. Hoping this is the only game this year fox attempts a 3. JOJ with another productive outing. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom