***OFFICIAL DEPAUL AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Unbelievable and then unbelievable! DP doesn’t want to win!

If DePaul goes undefeated can we count this as a quality loss?

The bad news is our record.

The worse news is that we'll play at least 21 more games against high-major teams the rest of the way.

Ugh. Bummer

Our guys fight hard, no doubt. They are what they are, talent wise. Keep fighting men!

We lost close so we should be ranked right

This is a bad basketball team. Will be interesting to see if we get to 10 wins. At this point I doubt it.

What a terrible last play. That was so easy to defend.

Yuck

I've been a pitino defender, but he's losing me

Yet another pitino team defined by poor shooting?

Reality is that this roster had no margin for error this year (it rarely does) and the loss of Curry and unexpectedly horrific FT shooting puts the Gophers in the red in terms of W/L.

Everyone on the court needs to get better, Oturu included.

The bad news is our record.

The worse news is that we'll play at least 21 more games against high-major teams the rest of the way.

It's worse than that: 20 regular season Big 10 games, a conference tournament game, Clemson, and OK State = 23.

We really got exposed talent wise. They were much quicker than us and our guys never got comfortable with shots as Depaul recovered fast on defense. Still, with good free throw shooting we probably win that game.

Lots of problems with personnel at this point and that is on Pitino. Carr is not a PG and Demir is really bad at the PF, with no vertical jump at all. The guards are solid but can't finish at the rim because none of them are athletic enough. We needed a soft non-con schedule to get Williams, Ihnen and Greenlee game time.

I think Pitino has to play Greenlee more to get Carr out of the point. Omersa has to find a way to stay on court. I feel bad for Oturu who played great. He has made great strides and will still get much better.

The difference in this game besides the free throws and generally bad shooting, was their PG #11 compared to Carr. It was a wipe out.

This is the best DePaul team in years. I thought that when I watched them demolish Iowa a couple of weeks ago.
Agree, better than i thought. Just got back, disappointed but i saw more good than bad. Shooting makes a team look good or bad but the play was better. We had guys step up who some fans already wrote off. I follow a team that shoots worse than we do but their defense is so superior they steal wins. We are getting better with how we play.

Fun game to be at, too bad we couldn't get the win. guys played hard and are getting better, point guard spot kills us. Depaul is good, money can buy you good team.

I was at Sally's before the game, enjoying a beer, bellied up at the bar when a couple of college kids behind me ordered drinks. They knew the bartender. The bartender asked them, "What do you guys have going on today?"

College Kids-"We're going to watch Gophers hoops."

Bartender - "They play today!?!?"

College Kids-"Yeah, they play Depaul; they are undefeated; it should be a good game!"

Bartender -" Don't know how that is going to go... Some of them were here last night."

College Kids-"The Depaul guys were drinking!?"

Bartender -"No, the Gophers were..."

---

No clue if it's true or not, but it put me in a foul mood. My mood proved to be justified.

I hung out with DIII track athletes in college, and they wouldn't dare pull that before a Saturday meet.

I was at Sally's before the game, enjoying a beer, bellied up at the bar when a couple of college kids behind me ordered drinks. They knew the bartender. The bartender asked them, "What do you guys have going on today?"

College Kids-"We're going to watch Gophers hoops."

Bartender - "They play today!?!?"

College Kids-"Yeah, they play Depaul; they are undefeated; it should be a good game!"

Bartender -" Don't know how that is going to go... Some of them were here last night."

College Kids-"The Depaul guys were drinking!?"

Bartender -"No, the Gophers were..."

---

No clue if it's true or not, but it put me in a foul mood. My mood proved to be justified.

I hung out with DIII track athletes in college, and they wouldn't dare pull that before a Saturday meet.
Yeah that’s why they lost. Social media at it’s best ?

Top Bottom