***OFFICIAL DEPAUL AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The next time I hear that a sit out transfer is "the best player we have in practice and its going to be a revelation next year" I am going to kindly tell them sorry but doubtful. All I heard for a year was that Carr was going to be a star and Willis was going to be a dead eye shooter. I dont know who was watching practice but wow its a struggle. Add that to our black hole that is PF and its ugly. Good thing we have Oturu just keeping us in games.

You’re rightfully disappointed in Carr, I’m pleasantly surprised by Willis. I don’t know that anybody thought he would get much run.

The next time I hear that a sit out transfer is "the best player we have in practice and its going to be a revelation next year" I am going to kindly tell them sorry but doubtful. All I heard for a year was that Carr was going to be a star and Willis was going to be a dead eye shooter. I dont know who was watching practice but wow its a struggle. Add that to our black hole that is PF and its ugly. Good thing we have Oturu just keeping us in games.
They are transfers for a reason, they cannot play. If they could play the previous team would not let them go.

Gophers way overmatched in this one. Guard play sucking but lack of quality forwards is what really kills this team (and will make for long season).

They are transfers for a reason, they cannot play. If they could play the previous team would not let them go.

Carr played a lot at Pitt as a freshman (of course, they were a bad team). Willis is a little better than I thought he would be. Neither of them are enough to make this team good. I don't blame Carr that much for the way he plays. I would if he played on a team with multiple capable scorers who were capable of taking the ball to the hoop but that's not this team.

Defense picking up!

Oturu leading the way.

Hard to watch Carr dribble so much, turn the ball over, and get beat consistently on defense.

Carr s getting ass handed to him - unnecessary dribbling , out of position - his man has 20pt and 8 assists so far

Willis is a good player. Not flashy, but solid all around. Oturo is not immune to criticism as he has not been good with ball - too many turnovers and has missed Kalscheur and Willis numerous times on kick outs. Also, free throws!!

Overall, our team just needs to value ball more. Too many sloppy, lazy turnovers like Carr’s bounce pass to Moore. Carr also has to take open shots when there. Passes up wide open looks to dribble into no shot.

Good news is we are still in game. Free throws!!

Could be worse. They could be the hockey team, lol.

Carr lets man out of double tam and they get layup - has passed up 3 wide open 3’s to dribble more

Is Demir not good, or was that just an incredible block?

Demir is not big or long gets ball taken from him over top

Top Bottom