***OFFICIAL DEPAUL AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
DePaul and a 7-0 record come to The Barn for a Black Friday matinee. This DePaul team has a win at Iowa and a win over Boston College. Our tough non-conference schedule is not letting up. But this is a game, at home, we have to have.

Oturu needs to stay out of foul trouble, that's a must.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty funny that they pump that win over BC as BC is not a top 100 win. Iowa is pretty good now as Bohannon is healthy but i think the Gophers will throttle Depaul.

Time for some hoops. You got this Gophers. Play hard and smart

I know for certain Ray Meyer will not be on the coaching staff today. Also am pretty sure Tyrone Corbin, Rod Strickland, and Mark Aguirre will not be suiting up for the Blue Demons. Gophers shoot the 3 well today and hang on for a 6 pt. win.

Looking forward to being at this one in person today! Happy holidays everyone!

Big night for the Big Ten last night Iowa, Michigan, and Maryland all picking up good wins. Let's hope the Gophers can continue that....!

The Gophers will play their best game to date. Depaul is the kind of team we feast on, very inefficient and poorly coached.

Depaul is the kind of team we feast on, very inefficient and poorly coached.

Really? Their team field goal percentage is .505 (17th in the nation) while their opponents' team field goal percentage is .358 (15th in the nation). Our corresponding numbers are .439 (182nd) and .396 (111th). We've played a tougher schedule but their schedule hasn't been terrible and they've won all of their games.

Really? Their team field goal percentage is .505 (17th in the nation) while their opponents' team field goal percentage is .358 (15th in the nation). Our corresponding numbers are .439 (182nd) and .396 (111th). We've played a tougher schedule but their schedule hasn't been terrible and they've won all of their games.
Did you see who they made shots against ? Check out the defensive and offensive ratings under Volcano Dave.

I got Gophers by 10 plus. Shooting at the barn will finally pick up. Our defense will curb their shooting.

I got Gophers by 10 plus. Shooting at the barn will finally pick up. Our defense will curb their shooting.
Agree. Very doubtful to me that Depaul will have scouted how to close out and even greater doubt that they execute.

DePaul has 5 blocks already. We are just jacking up shots.

What is with our free throw shooting? Year after year, game after game, individual after individual. There is no reason it should look like this year after year.

Carr 0-5 , 2 turnovers and 2 fouls - getting outplayed badly - Moore kid for DePaul really sets up teammates for shots

The next time I hear that a sit out transfer is "the best player we have in practice and its going to be a revelation next year" I am going to kindly tell them sorry but doubtful. All I heard for a year was that Carr was going to be a star and Willis was going to be a dead eye shooter. I dont know who was watching practice but wow its a struggle. Add that to our black hole that is PF and its ugly. Good thing we have Oturu just keeping us in games.

definitely should’ve been a tech

Call the flop. 4 point play shouldn’t have happened.

Last edited:

Gabe is hitting 27% of his shots but he is 29% from the 3 point line.

Carr has also fallen too much in love with the dribble. Sadly, that last fade away he made may encourage him to continue this ineffective play.

Carr has also fallen too much in love with the dribble. Sadly, that last fade away he made may encourage him to continue this ineffective play.

Pitino's reaction after his dribble fest and bad shot (that went in) was not a happy Coach P.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom