***OFFICIAL CLEMSON AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Carr had a very good game the last time out and the game before not so much. Every game he has a sequence where he’s out of control and falls down leaving the other team with a lay up. Carr’s shooting stroke from 3 looks different from the videos released from prior years - Hs shot now is like masons where they jump first and then go into shot mechanics - kalashaur is the gold standard with a harmonized jump/shot fluid motion.

Agree with everything you are saying! Carr wasn't the one telling us how good he is. It was Pitino saying all this. It was Pitino putting Carr on this pedestal. Probably unfair to Carr. The person we should be upset with i guess is Pitino, but not Carr! Carr's the guy who wants to just play basketball and continue to get better.
I'm not going to get upset. I'm going to see how the season plays out. Gophs have the ability to get better, improve as the season continues. it's interesting if you ask me.

The problem is this (in hind sight):
Marcus Carr was unfortunately hyped up by his head coach to be a game changing point guard who could put the team on his back and score when necessary. It was a hype that I (we) bought in to. It turns out to presently be unfounded. Carr is not at that level as a basketball player. That is disappointing...and it is being voiced by myself and others.
Carr may mature into a very good point guard. He may become what Pitino claimed him to be. But, presently, Carr is not at that level. Had Pitino not set Carr on an unrealistic pedestal, I would not be so disappointed as I have been. I honestly thought Carr had a pure stroke from 3 point range. That is simply not true, at present. I hope that Carr evolves into that pure shooter. Convince me.
What we can all agree upon is that we want every Gopher athlete and team to do well. We support that. I believe it is appropriate to voice concerns and disappointment as well as joys. I expect I will do both over the course of this season.

When did Pitino say this? He said he's been the best player in practice before. Somehow people turned that into him saying Carr was the second coming of Bobby Jackson.

I agree with you that I am disappointed with the start and I think it's fair to voice that. It's the crazy takes that I have issues with calling him terrible. He's not

When did Pitino say this? He said he's been the best player in practice before. Somehow people turned that into him saying Carr was the second coming of Bobby Jackson.

I agree with you that I am disappointed with the start and I think it's fair to voice that. It's the crazy takes that I have issues with calling him terrible. He's not
I agree! I think Pitino and even marcus fuller who attended some practices were very excited for Carr. Im excited for Carr. Way too much hype to say he's supposed to be Bobby jackson, but yes he has had some slow starts in games, but whats not to be excited for a guy that just scored 24 and averages over 6 assists per game. The guy can also rebound alittle too. Im definately leaning more of a difference maker than terrible thats for sure!

Carr was voted co-captain - he must have shown something to have this honor. Only a sophomore and after a lost year it will take some time to really get into the flow of game action. He looked good against Clemson and with that he needs to perform at that level on a consistent basis.

Carr had a very good game the last time out and the game before not so much. Every game he has a sequence where he’s out of control and falls down leaving the other team with a lay up. Carr’s shooting stroke from 3 looks different from the videos released from prior years - Hs shot now is like masons where they jump first and then go into shot mechanics - kalashaur is the gold standard with a harmonized jump/shot fluid motion.
Disagree about them having them having the same jump shot. It's similar but Carr's jumper is going to be less consistent because he shoots completely from the palm which makes it look like he's pushing the ball out of his shooting pocket. Mason on the other hand had a snappier release.

Carr is only a sophomore though. He has time to develop his jump shot and hopefully it improves this off season. As for him being out of control... that is more along the lines of basketball IQ. Will be interesting to see if he can improve on that from game experience and watching film.

watch this if you don't remember what Mason's jumper looked like.

Top Bottom