***OFFICIAL BETHUNE-COOKMAN SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Penn State beat Delaware State (not a great opponent) by over 30. What's interesting is that their two leading scorers were holdover sophs from the previous coaching regime rather than their older and better known transfers.

He might not be very sick at this point, but mono is approached with caution during recovery. It is advised that physical activity and contact be very limited afterwards. I think it has something to do with the swelling effect that mono has on the body's internal organs.
The spleen is suspectable to damage, that has to be watched as well

The one negative I see right now.....is that the Gophers are still struggling with opposing teams getting offensive rebounds. 14 for BC so far.
What about the nine turnovers? I’m not viewing.

It's a fast paced game with some ill advised passes. Sometimes guys have hung on to the ball a little too long as well. Hopefully they'll be a little more disciplined against stronger foes. You might see a lot of that in these opening games.

BC has quickness advantage. Gophers need to keep pushing the offense as BC is relying on pressure D. Boards will be big problem for this squad. Lack of twitch. Carrington looks much stronger. Betts is not BIG ready. Want to see more Fox and II. Like to see the Gophers push the ball. Ex iting!

Rebounding hasn't been great but they've missed so many shots that they're bound to get a bunch
I was about to say this. Wow is this BC team terrible at shooting. Some really ugly shots leading to lots of rebounding opportunities. On the Gophers’ side I was excited to see some beautiful 3 pt shooting. Really happy to see we have 9 (once Christie comes back) solid contributors that can probably be trusted if we can stay healthy. Betts at least has the body of a future player, but that’s probably not this year. Big Country can still be there to spell our bigs if foul trouble or needing to rough up Edey.

It is so hard to be mad at the Gophers when listening to the Gopher Vision announcing team.

Shooting 1 and 1's already with 13 minutes and some change remaining.

I could have sworn the refs weren’t given whistles at first. Super handsy. Refs finally decided to start calling everything before the contact got out of hand. As for actual turnovers the Gophers have gotten a bit overzealous with the lobs. Although there was a pretty amazing one to JOJ.

Top Bottom