Official 2025 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Winston seems to be killing it on the recruiting trail with a lot of Dline visits set up for this Spring/Summer. I cannot say the same for some of the other position coaches where we still don't even have a single (at least publicly known) visit set up.

And what does that have to do with what I quoted?
I’m pretty sure he was talking about official visits. If I’m wrong so be it. Getting an official visit instead of just a visit from a prospect is much more likely to result in a commitment.

Of 15 official visits shown on 247 10 are DL and 5 are DB. No one on offense yet.

A kid from Florida paying his own way to visit may be more meaningful than an official.
I’m pretty sure he was talking about official visits. If I’m wrong so be it. Getting an official visit instead of just a visit from a prospect is much more likely to result in a commitment.

He has a lot of great offers. Let’s hope he commits to the Gophers soon.
He was also all tournament in the state 1A basketball tournament this past weekend. Good feet.

So, I'm curious what is going on? Normally, PJ leads the Big Ten in recruits early on because we have 15 guys saying they are all in. All the while everybody else has 2 to 5.
Now, this year we have one. One so recent we are not even listed on 247.
Change in philosophy or are we struggling?

So, I'm curious what is going on? Normally, PJ leads the Big Ten in recruits early on because we have 15 guys saying they are all in. All the while everybody else has 2 to 5.
We had 4 commits at this time last year, and one of them committed 1 year ago yesterday so by the time we got our first commit this year it was really only 3. That's really not that far off or that outside of the norm. They've also got 2 large batches of visits the next 2 weekends so expect more then.

go-crazy-doge-flying.gif

everybody-panic.gif

The commit didn't have a score, so we aren't listed. He needs an evaluation.

Mar is when things start to heat up and June is when it seems like the boat starts getting full. If we are only at 10 recruits committed by the end of June, then we can start saying things have changed. I personally have no problem with pivoting. Our OC and DC are still fairly fresh at doing what they are doing, and don't mind a longer evaluation period if it is needed.

Should we just ignore the post directly above yours that states Chris Denson (QB) has a visit set up for later this month.
Normally don't engage in stuff like this, but they've had a number of QB visitors in, including one that finished a visit tonight. I clearly said SOME other position coaches, not ALL. This is no longer true two weeks later BTW. It is true that Winston is killing it terms of getting nice prospects to set visits and/or visit. The next step is actually landing some of those kids. The kid Monroe got out of Georgia is a great start and will be someone we likely will be hoping to hang on to until signing day.

Top Bottom