Official 2024 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

I think our QB Lindsey has a turnover problem. He DOUBLED his INTs tonight his final regular season game… he has 2 on the season now.

Just kidding he tied a school record for 7 TDs tonight and brought his team to 10-0 for the 3 time in school history. This kid is a 4* and I’ll fight anyone that says different.
Can we bring him here yet this season????

All those passing stats are great but lets be honest, he'll be handing the ball off, a lot.

All those passing stats are great but lets be honest, he'll be handing the ball off, a lot.
When we had a capable QB and oc with receivers (2019) we were 60/40. Plenty of passing. With how bad AK has been at times, I would be afraid to call more pass plays too.

I think our QB Lindsey has a turnover problem. He DOUBLED his INTs tonight his final regular season game… he has 2 on the season now.

Just kidding he tied a school record for 7 TDs tonight and brought his team to 10-0 for the 3 time in school history. This kid is a 4* and I’ll fight anyone that says different.
QB help is on the way. Lindsey has 47 TDs (7 in his most recent game) and just two INT this season.

HS vs. College game is so different. You can get away with ball being off by a two or three feet and it will be a completion. In college, unless you play for OSU, the ball needs to be within a foot of where you need it to be. AK has plenty of arm strenght, but his touch seems to be way off this year. I hope Lindsey is learning to tread the needle and will be a day 1 starter, but I am guessing AK will still be a step or two above him when he gets here.

The link to Houston Nutt praising Lindsey's game was encouraging. My issue with Lindsey from the little I have seen and read is very similar to Viotto in that I don't think he's going to be any sort of running threat at all and may struggle just to avoid rushers at the college level. Maybe our offense will evolve to a point where that's not an issue (or maybe one or both or more athletic than I perceive them to be) but I really feel like we would be best served to get the best athlete we could get at the QB position if we're going to continue this run heavy style.

This kid is based on potential too, unless you put a ton of stock in stats at a low level high school program
Fayetteville plays in Arkansas's highest level.

Kaliakmanis HS career was limited by the pandemic, BTW. Hence, "potential".

Every recruit is based on potential, but in the case of Lindsey, his production in HS is incredible.

Last edited:

Every recruit is based on potential, but in the case of Lindsey, his production in HS is incredible.
Plus I believe he was injured and didn't play his senior year recovering.

Exactly
Soph: 26 pass TDs, 11 rush TDs
Jr: didn't really play d/t injury
Sr: abbreviated d/t covid; 15 pass TDs, 4 rush in 6 games

The link to Houston Nutt praising Lindsey's game was encouraging. My issue with Lindsey from the little I have seen and read is very similar to Viotto in that I don't think he's going to be any sort of running threat at all and may struggle just to avoid rushers at the college level. Maybe our offense will evolve to a point where that's not an issue (or maybe one or both or more athletic than I perceive them to be) but I really feel like we would be best served to get the best athlete we could get at the QB position if we're going to continue this run heavy style.
Fleck does not run the QB. It's more about getting someone with pocket presence and the ability to move to extend the play. or just fall forward for 4-5 yards. There are hardly any running QB's at the P5 level. Athan has not pocket presence and has happy feet often.

Interesting to see USC poking around MN, haven’t seen much from them in the past. I wonder if it’s due to their move to the B1G.

This upcoming weekend is the first year I can remember where I don’t really care if we beat Wisconsin. Not necessarily because of our poor year, but because Wisconsin is also down. However after browsing this thread, I’ve developed new interest. It may or may not matter to these recruits, but it can’t hurt to end on a good note.

Covid was unique to AK?

I don't understand why we don't look for QBs that can at least extend a play or two each game. Why these statues?

Kid can throw the ball. More than anyone we got. He's big and a winner.

Covid was unique to AK?
In comparison to Lindsay, which was the comparison, yes. Kaliakmanis lost a chunk of his HS career, Lindsay didn't.
Lindsay's HS career features much more production. Which was, again, the conversation

This upcoming weekend is the first year I can remember where I don’t really care if we beat Wisconsin. Not necessarily because of our poor year, but because Wisconsin is also down. However after browsing this thread, I’ve developed new interest. It may or may not matter to these recruits, but it can’t hurt to end on a good note.
I know this is a recruiting thread but.....don't care if we beat Wisconsin? Not sure I can understand that mentality.

If you don’t care if they win then feel free to see yourself out. Imo them being down this year is even more reason to give them a big beat down.

Top Bottom