***OFFICIAL 2024 GOPHERS FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS SIGNING DAY THREAD!!!***

I like how 6 of the 19 recruits are from MN (7 if you count Kindred, ND which is almost a border town). I hope that this will add stability with all this portal madness and also might help the perception of MN HS football.

In contrast, I see that Fuke Lickell did an about face with the Fadgers recruiting where only 2 of 19 are from Wisconsin. It was only 1 of 15 last year.
I think our approach makes way more sense. I’m sure we could run some numbers, but I’d sure bet kids from further away transfer out sooner and more often than local kids.

While the least talented of the 6 players, I think losing Oliver and Willis hurt the defense the most. The linebacker unit was decimated by injuries.
Losing those two to the portal, and Sori-Marin to graduation, and Lindenberg and LeCaptain to near season-long injuries, made 2023 a tough year for for the LBs.

We are somewhat competitive in recruiting...as in not being that far away from being higher.
But, 11 other Big Ten schools are ranked higher than the Gophers.

If we can't recruit better than the other conference teams, then we need to coach better than the other conference teams. It happens but there are not a ton of Big Ten games where I marvel how the Gophers schooled the opponent. Sometimes we have played keep away very effectively.

We are somewhat competitive in recruiting...as in not being that far away from being higher.
But, 11 other Big Ten schools are ranked higher than the Gophers.

If we can't recruit better than the other conference teams, then we need to coach better than the other conference teams. It happens but there are not a ton of Big Ten games where I marvel how the Gophers schooled the opponent. Sometimes we have played keep away very effectively.
There is not a tremendous difference between about the 5th ranked and 11th.

Top Bottom