Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Per USA Today

Massillon (Ohio) Washington offensive tackle Thayer Munford is one of the few remaining uncommitted four-stars in the Midwest. Munford does not say much about recruiting, so there is intrigue in his decision, which we expect to be announced on Signing Day. He just had an official visit with Ohio State and we believe the Buckeyes will be the choice.

They also call out Michael Warren's visit and say Minnesota will make a strong push for his verbal (gee, thanks).

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/latest-recruiting-news-and-notes-from-around-the-big-10#undefined.uxfs

Per USA Today

Massillon (Ohio) Washington offensive tackle Thayer Munford is one of the few remaining uncommitted four-stars in the Midwest. Munford does not say much about recruiting, so there is intrigue in his decision, which we expect to be announced on Signing Day. He just had an official visit with Ohio State and we believe the Buckeyes will be the choice.

Does he have an offer? Is he a backup option if they aren't able to flip a higher rater player? If he gets an offer, he's going to be a Buckeye. The intrigue remains in the fact he doesn't have an offer.

Don't forget everyone is thrilled with getting Beck who just did the same thing to TT.

Did he though? Beck sent a tweet saying that he was withdrawing his commitment to TT, after taking an ACTUAL OV to the U and then after a day or so, declared his commitment to the Gophers.

I agree that DD may reconsider his desire to play WR if he can get on the field early as a CB. Still leaves us perilously thin if we experience the usual DB attrition due to injury. We need Craemer or a replacement for him along with Beck's teammate. As for after signing day I remember Cedric being a prescient signing but don't remember late CB signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a team sport, seeking attention for oneself is generally frowned upon. Were you not aware of this?

Agreed but the hypocrisy of reveling in flipping another schools kid while disparaging a kid considering flipping away from us has always amused me.

Agreed but the hypocrisy of reveling in flipping another schools kid while disparaging a kid considering flipping away from us has always amused me.

I won't speak for Spoofin, but for me it's not about the flipping away. That's his choice and he's entitled to it. It's all of the game-playing and lying, changing your tune, etc. that is obnoxious to me. Make your choice and communicate it when it's made. There's no need for the theatrics.

It's the way he went about it. Meets with Fleck, tweets that he won't be taking any more visits, secretly visits Iowa, admits he lied, schedules another visit, changes Twitter profile and banner to make it look like he's uncommitted. Still hasn't decommitted.

I won't speak for Spoofin, but for me it's not about the flipping away. That's his choice and he's entitled to it. It's all of the game-playing and lying, changing your tune, etc. that is obnoxious to me. Make your choice and communicate it when it's made. There's no need for the theatrics.

I agree completely.

He lied to the coaches about visiting the schools biggest rival it has nothing to do about flipping or exploring options.

Or don't communicate to anyone besides the university of choice. There's no need to do anything in the public eye therefore avoiding endless scrutiny from complete strangers.

Or if it bothers you that much how these kids handle themselves, don't pay attention to it.

Lying is wrong in all aspects but making a public apology to internet trolls is unnecessary.

Did he though? Beck sent a tweet saying that he was withdrawing his commitment to TT, after taking an ACTUAL OV to the U and then after a day or so, declared his commitment to the Gophers.

Sure the order of tweets may be different but it's no secret that Beck didn't want people to know he was here. He was a mystery visitor until he admitted he was here. Basically he also took a secret visit

Sure the order of tweets may be different but it's no secret that Beck didn't want people to know he was here. He was a mystery visitor until he admitted he was here. Basically he also took a secret visit

Beck decommited before he went here.

Other than the fact I don't follow or pay attention to them - other than what I see on GH.

Odd then that you know enough about his character to claim he's 'all about me and needs attention' and that the coaches should walk away. If you want to claim ignorance do so before you decide to badmouth a teenager, not after

Sounds good but recruiting IS a game. Kids get misled and lied to constantly in recruiting. Attacking their character for doing the same is hypocritical. They're essentially job hunting and negotiating for the best opportunity for themselves. Plenty of people use similar tactics when negotiating for raises, buying cars, etc. Yea its best not to do it via Twitter but again, he's a teenager.

Does that matter? The issue here is Craemer lied to the coaches about taking no more visits and then proceeded to visit the schools biggest rival.

He lied to the populace via social media- I have no idea what he told the coaches and neither do you.

I agree that DD may reconsider his desire to play WR if he can get on the field early as a CB. Still leaves us perilously thin if we experience the usual DB attrition due to injury. We need Craemer or a replacement for him along with Beck's teammate. As for after signing day I remember Cedric being a prescient signing but don't remember late CB signings.

Oh, I wasn't talking about just CBs. I think Cobb was another after signing day guy. Just saying Fleck hasn't even begun to delve into the under the radar guys yet.

Odd then that you know enough about his character to claim he's 'all about me and needs attention' and that the coaches should walk away. If you want to claim ignorance do so before you decide to badmouth a teenager, not after

Thanks for the advice. Read this thread ole'boy - plenty of info. "Badmouth". What a joke. I'm guessing he will be OK with some Internet poster not wanting the Gophers to sign him. Find something real to get worked up about.

Depends. Is Iago part of the deal? Wisecracking parrots don't come easy these days. Plus, he has phenomenal cosmic powers.
Hmmm. Wisecracking parrot better watch out for a rival AD's son...

Hmmm. Wisecracking parrot better watch out for a rival AD's son...

va7VKkP.png

Does that matter? The issue here is Craemer lied to the coaches about taking no more visits and then proceeded to visit the schools biggest rival.

I get it. I'm not arguing that what Beck did was out of line. I feel he was more transparent about his whole visit. The fact that he didn't announce that he was coming shouldn't be a surprise. Maybe he always came here with the intention of committing, but the fact that he didn't send that message about de-committing until he was actually here and got a chance to look around shouldn't be seen as a red flag. At least he was being transparent about the visit once it actually happened.

I'm not sure anyone is upset about Creamer visiting other schools. Good for him. I'm confident enough in what we have at the U. Personally, I just prefer honesty.

Thanks for the advice. Read this thread ole'boy - plenty of info. "Badmouth". What a joke. I'm guessing he will be OK with some Internet poster not wanting the Gophers to sign him. Find something real to get worked up about.

This is far from me being worked up. Just calling a spade a spade. Be dismissive if you want but you're badmouthing teenagers based on a few tweets while claiming to know nothing about them at the same time. Its lame

People, this is a symptom of the current construction of recruiting and not a signal of a recruits character.

People, this is a symptom of the current construction of recruiting and not a signal of a recruits character.

I suppose there is one or two but I think when folks post in this forum about a bad sign or whatever.... it's just about recruiting.

Granted someone probabbly has a problem with these kids on a personal level, but it's mostly the judgments are about if the kid is coming here, worth the effort to bring them, etc.

Top Bottom