Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Somewhat valid points but the 'card' you claim I'm playing is also very much valid. These are teenagers with various levels of guidance making decisions with a ton of pressure on them from coaching staffs and fans. Just because you liked how one kid handled a situation better doesn't mean the other has poor character. You have no idea if one kid is being given good advice, has a better handle on the game of recruiting, had someone close go through it before, etc. This is a pressure filled, important decision playing out partially in the public eye. Sure there are 'better' ways to handle recruiting but again, its rare that a kid tweeting about recruiting is some indication of poor character and its hypocritical to knock them for enjoying attention

I think voicing displeasure over one of our recruit's decision making and calling him a degenerate are pretty far apart. He did what he did and hopefully he's being held accountable - we have no role in that. But if you're 17-18 and lying about your location via social media in a high profile situation that will inevitably be found out, that's a kind of stupid that raises all kinds of red flags, especially given the shadow the program is trying to emerge from. If he does come here, I'm going to trust our new staff has addressed this and will leave it at that.

Notre Dame HC and assistants visited Armstrong today at his school, and it was reported earlier that Fleck was/is there too. He's going to be a tough get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's basically deciding between Rutgers and here at this point but I wouldn't consider him a key target. I'm thinking that's either Warren, Armstrong, or Munford. And since Munford has really been quiet about anywhere but tOSU I'm betting its one of the other two.

Agree- Mafe would be nice but not key. Munford and CBs are key.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks to <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Fleck">@Coach_Fleck</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachMGSimon">@CoachMGSimon</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KirkCiarrocca">@KirkCiarrocca</a> from Minnesota for stopping by today to visit about our players. <a href="https://t.co/zFRXKvnbvR">pic.twitter.com/zFRXKvnbvR</a></p>— Jon Holmes (@coachjonholmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachjonholmes/status/824386476968464385">January 25, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sending in the whole team to try and lock it in. (This is Jafar's Coach)^

Hoping that Armstrong realizes that Brian Kelly is on his last legs in ND and turns his nose up at that.

But not character

It's stupid posts like this... I know this is the recruiting thread, but quit throwing every kid under the bus. That's not fair to a lot of great young men in our program, and the actions of a few should not lead us to condemn them all.

Now, to this thread... I'm glad we have a number of kids still coming who Claeys and staff either had commitments from, or who they initiated recruiting and PJ and staff closed on. If Craemer sticks, and the Gopher offer still stands, welcome aboard. If not, we trust the new staff.

It's stupid posts like this... I know this is the recruiting thread, but quit throwing every kid under the bus. That's not fair to a lot of great young men in our program, and the actions of a few should not lead us to condemn them all.

Now, to this thread... I'm glad we have a number of kids still coming who Claeys and staff either had commitments from, or who they initiated recruiting and PJ and staff closed on. If Craemer sticks, and the Gopher offer still stands, welcome aboard. If not, we trust the new staff.

I didn't throw every kid under the bus. I said two coaches weren't good judges of character...doesn't mean they only recruited bad guys...they recruited both...they just couldn't tell the difference. I only reply because you say I threw all the kids under the bus on character. That I did not. I am not one who gave a hoot about Creamer's tweets nor do I stand in judgement of him. If this staff wants him great if not no problem. I will give our current staff nothing but support and trust unless they goof up. I did the same for our past coaches and rooted for them to succeed.

Agree- Mafe would be nice but not key. Munford and CBs are key.

I'm sure Goblirsch would describe any silent commit as "Key." I wouldn't put too much emphasis on him saying we got a "key commit," just the fact that we got one.

Gonna go with Warren or Armstrong but you might be right!

Here's why I'd bet Armstrong. 1) he's visited the school - if it was Warren or Bolds I'd imagine it'd come this weekend or signing day 2) PJ was in the house today 3) Mo Ibrahim has tweeted at him asking if he's aboard and stating that two more commits were coming AFTER Handy-Holly pulled the trigger.

Here's why I'd bet Armstrong. 1) he's visited the school - if it was Warren or Bolds I'd imagine it'd come this weekend or signing day 2) PJ was in the house today 3) Mo Ibrahim has tweeted at him asking if he's aboard and stating that two more commits were coming AFTER Handy-Holly pulled the trigger.

247 is showing Jafar will visit ND.

247 now shows 8 visitors this weekend, including the juco DT and 3 CBs that were added today:
http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Visits

I can't believe the size of the cbs we're after this year. Both Layne and Creamer are six foot plus and three out of the four cb's we have supposedly coming this weekend are six foot plus including a six two kid. Plus Douglas and Beck as well, if they were to see cb duty.

Given the scarcity of great Rush Ends, if Mafe has a chance to be one he is as key as anyone else.

He may have the potential but he's a project- if we don't get Creamer or someone similar we'll likely look like an Indiana defense next year. As for Munford- if we can get a 4* OT and have bookend Tackles with Andries for 4 years you take it and run.

He may have the potential but he's a project- if we don't get Creamer or someone similar we'll likely look like an Indiana defense next year. As for Munford- if we can get a 4* OT and have bookend Tackles with Andries for 4 years you take it and run.

If we are going to have an Indiana like defense next year, it is going to happen whether we get Creamer or not.

Don't think a freshman three star corner is going to make a defense also Munford is going to Ohio State.

This staff has shown an amazing potential for developing Offenisve Tackles.

I am not one to get hung up on the number of stars, so I hesitate to even say this. However, why are some people getting so worried about whether or not we get one player or another, such as Creamer. This is football, the ultimate team game. No one recruit, except for maybe a dynamic quarterback, makes a difference in your success in a given year. There are 11 players on the field.

Top Bottom