Official 2013 Class Recruiting Updates Thread

Tweets from Gerry DiNardo:

"Latest 24/7 Recruting National Rankings - #Wolverines 4 #Buckeyes 5 #Badgers 26 #Huskers 27 #PennState 33 #Maryland 34 #ILLINI 35"

"Lastest 24/7 National Ranking continued #Rutgers 39 #Northwestern 42 #Hawkeyes 43 #Spartans 44 #Hoosiers 48 #Gophers 80 #Purdue 84"

Go Gophers!!

Great! Our Ranking's outa triple and into double digits! Go Kill!

The biggest thing for the U is just getting them on campus. Ridding recruits of pre-conceived notions about Minnesota as state or the B1G conference not being as big time as other conferences from a kid who grew up in out west or down south is HUGE. I played college ball with a lot of guys from Houston, Florida, and Cali; they all thought it was tundra up here before their visits.

I think that getting kids on campus is huge for all recruiters. There are several campuses that I have seen where I say to myself, "how could anyone refuse an offer to this place?" They would include Colorado, Clemson, Oregon, Arizona, Cal and others. I especially liked Arizona.

It is a bit odd to see a kid turn down Bama, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, and Miami for...Houston and Western Kentucky?

I suspect a lot of his offers are no longer on the table and I suspect academics are why. I see this a lot, highly sought after kid, all of a sudden is looking at lower tier schools, 90% if the time it turns out to be academics related. He seems to be the real deal as an athlete and would welcome him.

Drew Wolitarsky, Hunter Jarmon, Rodney Adams, and Richard Benjamin. Any of these would be fantastic pick ups. Benjamin can absolutely fly.

Sounds like he had a heart issue, not sure if that grades rumors are legit or not. Saw one article that Aubrey Hill's resignation had something to do with the shapiro scandal at Miami. Adams was quoted at saying he didn't want to get caught up in that if it spread to florida.

I remember a poster on here saying that LB Jonathan Walton didnt and wouldnt have and offer from Penn St, well he just committed to Penn St.

I remember a poster on here saying that LB Jonathan Walton didnt and wouldnt have and offer from Penn St, well he just committed to Penn St.
I believe you're mixing him up with De'Niro Laster, who visited Penn State but doesn't have an offer due to academics. I think Walton has had a Penn State offer for quite a while.

In any event, yeah, that's a loss for us.

John Walton LB from Bama who visited last week commits to Penn State. 2** ranking by Rivals, but I think was under rated after viewing his tape.
PerScout....

John Walton LB from Bama who visited last week commits to Penn State. 2** ranking by Rivals, but I think was under rated after viewing his tape.
PerScout....

Penn State probably isn't getting the same quality of recruits for a few years.

Too bad, I liked Walton a lot as an MLB. We need to get a good player at this position come Feb. 1.

Is anyone else skeptical that Hinojosa and Myrick will be Gophers come signing day? Neither has been on an OV yet.

? Hinojosa visited last December. That dude is probably has one of the strongest verbal commitments we have.

"GopherNation" over at Daily Gopher is skeptical that Hinojosa will ever get his academics together and come here. I've been wondering the same.

At least he'll get to play in a highly respected, stable football program and go to at least one bowl game during his senior year (maybe two if he's a RS). Each player makes their own decision based on their own circumstances. I hope he still considers it an excellent choice 4-5 years from now.

Now that Laster has committed, maybe Wolitarsky will be next? He had his visit to San Jose State this weekend and I noticed they already have 3 WRs committed (all ranked below him). So..... maybe he heads home and talks it over with his folks and pulls the trigger for the Gophers. I'm hoping he does because from what little I've seen he is great at going and getting the ball. Not all that fast but knows how to make the catch (kinda like Decker).

Sounds like Eric Carter is trying to get DE Elijah Davis to come with him.

I believe we offered Daniel pretty early (maybe winter of junior year?). Anyway, it always helps if you were one of a recruit's first offers.

Top Bottom