NFL Combine

The 40 is a stupid drill because the difference between a 4.3 and a 4.5 is 2-3 steps over 40 yards straight line.

so that 2-3 steps comes into play on maybe a dozen plays over the course of a season. Whereas change of direction comes into play on literally every play. Stuff like that. I don’t get the 40 obsession. I think it’s because fast is cool. And because it’s a really easy metric for people to think about.
2-3 steps is huge have you ever played football? Change of direction is definitley really important but so is acceleration, and top end speed. The purpose of the 40 is to basically check a box that says your fast enough to play in the nfl for your position. Don't forget SPEED KILLS

2-3 steps is huge have you ever played football? Change of direction is definitley really important but so is acceleration, and top end speed. The purpose of the 40 is to basically check a box that says your fast enough to play in the nfl for your position. Don't forget SPEED KILLS
Speed does kill.
one step over 40 yards in a straight line happens 1-2 times per game

Morgan is 5 11 tops. He doesn't have a cannon. Not great at progressions or throwing guys open. He is 25, he is not playing in the NFL
just regarding the height, probably have to throw that with the caveat of his doesn't have good mobility given Murray is 5'10" and Wilson is 5'11" and doing just fine. The rest I'd agree.

Top Bottom