NFL Combine

Put him on Mafe's "Freaks" list!!!!!!! Joking of course, but Gophers showing out and opening eyes it looks like.

Are the college coaches allowed to be present at the Combine?

I mean, I get it from the standpoint of playing the percentages but it does get pretty ridiculous at times.

I always come back to the MBIII/Maroney example. Both were very good college backs but of the two Barber was the better all around RB. Maroney had breakaway speed, so Maroney goes in the first round and Barber goes in the 4th.

I was not surprised at all that Barber had the much better pro career.
Maroney had injuries.

Barreiro used to do this bit where he would bring on an "NFL combine expert" to explain all the different ways they analyze and measure players. Of course, the guy didn't really exist - like the "Carl Gerbschmidt" bit.

just an excuse for more of that great KFAN "comedy."
I thought that was Rick Spielman talking all these years?!:unsure: :p :unsure:

Boye Mafe: 4.57 40 yard dash - 1st run

Ran as a LB. Aidan Hutchinson mentioned that they are training together and he gave him his gloves for drills.
Does anyone know how Esezi Otomewo did?

Boye Mafe: 4.57 40 yard dash - 1st run

Ran as a LB. Aidan Hutchinson mentioned that they are training together and he gave him his gloves for drills.
I've been comparing Mafe to Rashan Gary. Gary was about 10 -15 pounds heavier than Mafe when he ran at the combine a few years back. His 40-time was 4.58. Curious to see how Mafe does in the other drills and how he compares.

Last edited:

Boye Mafe listed as one on the combine winners.

Awesome that Mafe did what people thought he would at the combine. Will be fun to see if he really has worked his way into the first round.

Would guess Mafe to round 1 and Daniel to round 2. But maybe someone takes a round 1 flyer on Daniel.

Last edited:

There are teams interested in these two freaks of nature. They may not want to draft them high with the loaded 2022 Draft class. They know they haven’t realized their potential yet. In April, teams are going to hear lots of noise. Someone may pull the trigger early.

It sounds like Mafe is #4 as an Edge Rusher who needs a little tweaking with techniques to elevate his game even more.

Fa’alele is an immovable behemoth and a bonanza to any team who drafts him.

These guys are not so hidden gems. It will be fun watching the draft.

Last edited:

Pretty cool to see more gophers making it to the league, list below. I would think Schmitz and Mo should get drafted next year as well, any others that might have a shot?
1646698806342.png

Pretty cool to see more gophers making it to the league, list below. I would think Schmitz and Mo should get drafted next year as well, any others that might have a shot?
View attachment 17381
Interesting that Ra'Shede Hageman is our 2nd highest draft pick over that span.

View attachment 17381
Not sure if he'll get drafted, but I'm hoping he will make a team -- Brady Weeks -- if any team is looking for a LS, he'll be on their short list. Number 1 rated snapper when he came out of high school, and so far he's nailed it.

1646751559058.png

View attachment 17381
CRAB could get drafted if he can stay healthy and have a big year in 2022.

Top Bottom