NFL Combine

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Unless the NFL and the combine agree to ease those restrictions — allowing players access to their full team of coaches, trainers, ATCs et al. as in past years — many top prospects will only do medical evaluations next month in Indianapolis.
Quote Tweet

MaAIgBaS_mini.jpg

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
· 52m
Agents representing more than 150 draft prospects are organizing a boycott of all testing, on-field workouts and interviews at next month’s NFL scouting combine if heavy “bubble” restrictions aren’t changed, sources tell me and @TomPelissero

Pretty strange of the nfl to ban humans from eating what they want.

Well, that didn't last too long. Cooler heads prevail, NFL drops it's "bubble" concept after a whopping two days.

>>According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the league sent a message to the players invited to the Combine Monday, notifying them of the change in policy. Players attending will now be allowed to enter restricted areas at their own risk.

Chris Johnson was a 3x Pro Bowler and led the league in rushing in 2009.
Johnson is the only impressive name on that list in terms of NFL career. The NFL is obsessed with speed and 40 times but clearly it takes more than just a blazing time in the 40 to succeed in the NFL.....*cough*....Troy Williamson.....*cough*....

I posted this in the Hoskins thread, but his fastest 4.28 puts him in the list and his second fastest 4.32 right outside of it, as a High schooler - he is gonnna be hell of fun to watch - that speed is beyond elite- it’s one in millions type of wheels

Johnson is the only impressive name on that list in terms of NFL career. The NFL is obsessed with speed and 40 times but clearly it takes more than just a blazing time in the 40 to succeed in the NFL.....*cough*....Troy Williamson.....*cough*....
There is nothing NFL GM's loves more than measurables. Every year they have to go over the hand size of QB prospects. It gets downright comical.

I posted this in the Hoskins thread, but his fastest 4.28 puts him in the list and his second fastest 4.32 right outside of it, as a High schooler - he is gonnna be hell of fun to watch - that speed is beyond elite- it’s one in millions type of wheels
high school times are usually wrong because they are hand timed and kids lie to get recruited. Was the 4.28 laser timed?

There is nothing NFL GM's loves more than measurables. Every year they have to go over the hand size of QB prospects. It gets downright comical.
I mean, I get it from the standpoint of playing the percentages but it does get pretty ridiculous at times.

I always come back to the MBIII/Maroney example. Both were very good college backs but of the two Barber was the better all around RB. Maroney had breakaway speed, so Maroney goes in the first round and Barber goes in the 4th.

I was not surprised at all that Barber had the much better pro career.

high school times are usually wrong because they are hand timed and kids lie to get recruited. Was the 4.28 laser timed?

Fleck quoted those times specifically at the signing day event, therefore I doubt highly they were hand timed, as if they’re inaccurate he’d have massive yoke face.

hand timing is incorrect and while that was the dominant mode for any/all recruits a a loooooong time ago - the regional football camps (run by Nike etc) and ones run by the school would likely use lazer timing IMO. If they were too expensive to own for the aforementioned entities, a company could buy them and rent them out to those in need.

Fleck quoted those times specifically at the signing day event, therefore I doubt highly they were hand timed, as if they’re inaccurate he’d have massive yoke face.

hand timing is incorrect and while that was the dominant mode for any/all recruits a a loooooong time ago - the regional football camps (run by Nike etc) and ones run by the school would likely use lazer timing IMO. If they were too expensive to own for the aforementioned entities, a company could buy them and rent them out to those in need.

"Hoskins was hand-timed before his senior season during an Alexandria practice with a 4.27-second 40-yard dash"

Claimed 40 times in high school is not the same as combine times. Its absurd to think athletes coming out of highschool will be the same speed or faster than elite college athletes who have better coaching, and years of training under their belt

glad I gave u something to do on a Wednesday afternoon😧
"Hoskins was hand-timed before his senior season during an Alexandria practice with a 4.27-second 40-yard dash"
I grew up in Alex, u cannot trust that rag, know as the Lake Region Echo Press for anything- # News
Claimed 40 times in high school is not the same as combine times.
We gotcha the first time bro - u were right and I was wrong- I simply cannot be right about anything, err, everything
Its absurd to think athletes coming out of highschool will be the same speed or faster than elite college athletes who have better coaching, and years of training under their belt
So my HS 4.75 want legit?????😩😩
Mr. Hoskins will run a sun 4.2 at the combine after his AllB10 career is over and will be so fast as not to be seen by the bashed 👁

lastly, if it’s good enough for Fleck, it’s good enough for me - you Sconnie scumball!

glad I gave u something to do on a Wednesday afternoon😧

I grew up in Alex, u cannot trust that rag, know as the Lake Region Echo Press for anything- # News

We gotcha the first time bro - u were right and I was wrong- I simply cannot be right about anything, err, everything

So my HS 4.75 want legit?????😩😩
Mr. Hoskins will run a sun 4.2 at the combine after his AllB10 career is over and will be so fast as not to be seen by the bashed 👁

lastly, if it’s good enough for Fleck, it’s good enough for me - you Sconnie scumball!
You need a high school english lesson buddy? Sub 4.2 at the combine is highly unlikely but would be sick, i am rooting for it

I don't think so. There's much more money in football, even if you're not a franchise player.
Plus, The absurd evolution of equipment and explosion of the two handed delivery power game have changed things for the worse, IMO.

Barreiro used to do this bit where he would bring on an "NFL combine expert" to explain all the different ways they analyze and measure players. Of course, the guy didn't really exist - like the "Carl Gerbschmidt" bit.

just an excuse for more of that great KFAN "comedy."

Barreiro used to do this bit where he would bring on an "NFL combine expert" to explain all the different ways they analyze and measure players. Of course, the guy didn't really exist - like the "Carl Gerbschmidt" bit.

just an excuse for more of that great KFAN "comedy."
Ah yes, Marty Wexler, III. He was in prison for a while, but I expect that he will be back before the draft.

LOL! Troy Williamson...lightening on wheels. Only problem is that the wheels kept coming off.

Claimed 40 times in high school is not the same as combine times. Its absurd to think athletes coming out of highschool will be the same speed or faster than elite college athletes who have better coaching, and years of training under their belt
Kristen Hoskins was a great football player in high school. He will become an even better college football player.

He will be the Gophers' version of a Swiss Army Knife.

I look forward to his playing days with the Gophers. He fits the mold of the RTB culture.

Did the OLs have their Combine yesterday. I wonder how Blaise Andries did.

There is video online of Faalele doing the bench press. I think it said that he did 24 reps at 225 pounds.

From what I read, Faalele is only doing the bench press at the combine - something about a possible minor injury at the Senior Bowl, and will do a full workout at his Pro Day. BTW, Faalele weighed in at 387. Said he wants to be at 375 for training camp.

Andries is doing everything except the bench press, which he will do at his Pro Day.

I'm sure that is all agent-driven, as they want the player to be seen in the best possible light.

There is video online of Faalele doing the bench press. I think it said that he did 24 reps at 225 pounds.

From what I read, Faalele is only doing the bench press at the combine - something about a possible minor injury at the Senior Bowl, and will do a full workout at his Pro Day. BTW, Faalele weighed in at 387. Said he wants to be at 375 for training camp.

Andries is doing everything except the bench press, which he will do at his Pro Day.

I'm sure that is all agent-driven, as they want the player to be seen in the best possible light.
There was a story on yahoo I think about agents telling guys not to do the bench press because there is a condensed workout time this year and they don't want guys to risk getting hurt or not being at 100% for the other drills.

So a lot of guys are doing the bench press and not the other stuff or doing the other stuff and not the bench press depending on their current health.

I love watching the OL run the 40. Now I'm disappointed we won't see Faalele run it. Still very exited to see what Mafe can do tomorrow.

You need a high school english lesson buddy?
Nope! But Apparently U can’t figure out when someone’s making a joke!
Sub 4.2 at the combine is highly unlikely but would be sick, i am rooting for it

Pro tip: when someone jokes about the accuracy of their posting and their 40 time, that means it’s tongue in cheek.

oh and BTW -

1646419912555.jpeg

Top Bottom