News on Shaka Smart

If he had never posted we would be going off the SI tweet, which means we wouldn't have gotten our hopes up. So now when we ultimately don't get him people are going to be more upset/disappointed. So yes, he did get some people's hopes up.

Even if a troll, good to pump him for information just in case. You never know.

@DarrenWolfson: Agent w/ a stake in #Gophers search: "Did hear Flip’s name & I get that, but think Norwood more apt to pick the next big thing in college."

If Shaka does come here, I hope this isn't another Friend of Tubby on our hands...

@DarrenWolfson: Agent w/ a stake in #Gophers search: "Did hear Flip’s name & I get that, but think Norwood more apt to pick the next big thing in college."

I will be surprised if Flip ends up being the next coach.

VCU has restructured Shaka's deal every single year. Not one of the four years has he worked under the same terms.

At some point you are OK with leaving a place you love. Different opportunity, more money, etc... doing so by joining people you've worked well with for years makes it so much easier to do.

My current boss is on the brink of leaving to a new firm, at which point he'll make an offer to hire me on, for the third time. There's something to be said for working with people you know, and with people you know you can trust. It means something, and not everybody gets that.

This is not

The newer version cleaned up the mistakes...Not sure how they could post inside the yahoo sports section...kinda odd.

It would be fun watching the Illini go into meltdown mold if we get Shaka!!!

how do you KNOW its not legit...I'm not saying it is....but why are you so sure?

It doesn't cite anything. They just wanted to be the first to break the story.

how do you KNOW its not legit...I'm not saying it is....but why are you so sure?

For one, the title is wildly misleading with respect to the content of the article. The writing being pretty shoddy doesn't help either:

The 35-year-old Virginia Commonwealth coach again spurned lucrative deals from larger programs to remain with the Rams.
He's expected to agree to an extension that will likely significantly increase his base annual salary of $1.25 million, Sports Illustrated reported.

One cannot have spurned lucrative deals when one has not actually agreed to anything. Also, SI never said anything about an increase in his salary.

For one, the title is wildly misleading with respect to the content of the article. The writing being pretty shoddy doesn't help either:

One cannot spurn lucrative deals when one has not actually agreed to anything. Also, SI never said anything about an increase in his salary.

Okay, feasible...But I'm wondering how the person who came up with that got it posted inside the yahoo sports section...pretty tricky stuff.

Guys stop listening to RichmondInsider.

He disrespects Pav, which no one "closely related" to the program would do.

Plus he got Coach Rhoades' name wrong.

He is more likely to be a University of Richmond fan, or an ODU fan. He is obviously following the VCU program closely, but gets the minor things wrong.

I can tell you, here in Richmond fans are nervous - but more so about UCLA. However, VCU fans go through this every year - and have a high admiration for Minnesota fans because we haven't been trolls on their boards or disrespected them likes Illini fans, or NC State fans. Let's keep it that way, especially since I'm a fan of both schools. I've met both Norwood and Shaka (him only briefly) when he first came to the school. They are both intelligent men, and either school is lucky to have them.

Guys stop listening to RichmondInsider.

He disrespects Pav, which no one "closely related" to the program would do.

Plus he got Coach Rhoades' name wrong.

He is more likely to be a University of Richmond fan, or an ODU fan. He is obviously following the VCU program closely, but gets the minor things wrong.

I can tell you, here in Richmond fans are nervous - but more so about UCLA. However, VCU fans go through this every year - and have a high admiration for Minnesota fans because we haven't been trolls on their boards or disrespected them likes Illini fans, or NC State fans. Let's keep it that way, especially since I'm a fan of both schools. I've met both Norwood and Shaka (him only briefly) when he first came to the school. They are both intelligent men, and either school is lucky to have them.

For what it's worth, I don't think you need to be worried about UCLA. I could end up being monumentally wrong, but I'm hearing (from the internet) that they're looking at Mark Few, and hearing (from people) that they're not really pursuing Shaka, and that in fact, they may actually consider Dan Monson (in case they miss out on a few of the big names).

Pav gets disrespected on a daily basis inside our program and outward by other fans. He is a total and utter loser who is literally 300 pounds over weight. The guy has stalked more than his fair share of VCU basketball players. He won an award in the locker room in 2011 for being "the creep of the year".

Wow the VCU fans have flooded the Hole...let me grab my bag of popcorn.

For what it's worth, I don't think you need to be worried about UCLA. I could end up being monumentally wrong, but I'm hearing (from the internet) that they're looking at Mark Few, and hearing (from people) that they're not really pursuing Shaka, and that in fact, they may actually consider Dan Monson (in case they miss out on a few of the big names).
I can think of 100 names they would hire before Dan Monson...Wow! Dumbest thing you've posted yet.

Pav gets disrespected on a daily basis inside our program and outward by other fans. He is a total and utter loser who is literally 300 pounds over weight. The guy has stalked more than his fair share of VCU basketball players. He won an award in the locker room in 2011 for being "the creep of the year".

qI3YBpp.gif

Funny, him being a former bench assistant within the program. You can always come over to Ramnation - I have the same name there as here. That way we don't clutter up the Gopher boards. Why are you "RichmondInsider" instead of "VCUInsider" by the way?

:confused: They'd be better of buying Ben Howland some really nice jewelery and apologizing.

Funny, him being a former bench assistant within the program. You can always come over to Ramnation - I have the same name there as here. That way we don't clutter up the Gopher boards. Why are you "RichmondInsider" instead of "VCUInsider" by the way?

Why are you lying? Pav was never in anyway a bench assistant. Are you trying to troll us with that? He was literally the student equipment manager was his title. He washed uniforms etc. Did you really believe we'd think Pav was an assistant? Seriously?

Top Bottom