News on Shaka Smart

How long will you be up there tonight? Me and my boys may have to drop by and say "hello". To be honest you wouldn't last a second in my world broseph. Also lets point out yet again Pav wasn't an assistant coach.

Also my update is coming 10PM eastern.

Is this Rube Chat? What is going on?

How long will you be up there tonight? Me and my boys may have to drop by and say "hello". To be honest you wouldn't last a second in my world broseph. Also lets point out yet again Pav wasn't an assistant coach.

Also my update is coming 10PM eastern.
Let's get ready to ruuummble !

So, basically he's like a thin, better-looking version of Pantherhawk...

He doesn't appear to have the psychotic tendencies of PH tho. I have browsed his website and he seems to be too level headed to be put in that category.

Anyone remember during the Jerry Kill search when somebody changed Dan Mullin's Wikipedia page indicating he was our next coach? I get the feeling we are headed in that direction again...hopefully.

Just when you think this doesn't get better...

It's going to be hard to sleep tonight. Forget the coaching search, I don't want to miss the rest of the soap opera.

Anyone remember during the Jerry Kill search when somebody changed Dan Mullin's Wikipedia page indicating he was our next coach? I get the feeling we are headed in that direction again...hopefully.

Done.

I'm hearing some new information, I'll have a new update at 10PM eastern time which could show us which direction this is going in for tomorrow. I want to check a few things before I put this out here now and look like its totally crazy.

I'm betting that he'll inform us that he's saved a lot if money on his car insurance.

awesome. nice wiki edit

it's on the internet, so it must be true, right?

wiki is reporting: "On March 26, 2013, Shaka Smart was hired by the University of Minnesota to be head basketball coach."

Never thought a thread about Minnesota's coaching vacancy would lead to a throw down between a couple of VCU folks at a bar in Richmond. This is has to be an all-time first for Gopherhole....

LegendaryThread.jpg

Gotta be a first, right?! The things we see on GH!

G+RF has been around a while and been cordial the whole time, so that's who I'm putting my $$$ on!

Back in 1999 an Ohio Bobcats fan pm'd me to meet him in the bar at the Thunderbird for a fist fight after the game. Too bad I didn't get it until the next day. I really didn't know how to feel about because it didn't really I'd touched a nerve with my snarky comments.

Nothing shocking here, but I guess VCU hopes to finalize the new deal with Shaka by week's end:

Nicole Auerbach ‏@NicoleAuerbach 37m

VCU hopes to reach agreement to keep Shaka Smart by the end of the week, on @USATODAYsports: http://usat.ly/10MmlBL

RT by Andy Katz

EDIT: Sorry if this was already posted...didn't wanna stick my nose in the middle of an internet battle royale between two VCU fans.

Can Gopherhole start a new forum for all fans of A-10 schools to schedule fights?

Nothing shocking here, but I guess VCU hopes to finalize the new deal with Shaka by week's end:

Nicole Auerbach ‏@NicoleAuerbach 37m

VCU hopes to reach agreement to keep Shaka Smart by the end of the week, on @USATODAYsports: http://usat.ly/10MmlBL

RT by Andy Katz

EDIT: Sorry if this was already posted...didn't wanna stick my nose in the middle of an internet battle royale between two VCU fans.

No doubt they hope to. Very likely Shaka will have a new contract with someone by the end of the week.

Guys sorry about the blowup before. I come from a time and a place where we often times settle our problems with our fists. I do not take to being disrespected very well. Anyhow, I will have my night close update about Shaka at 10pm eastern time.

I nominate this thread for Thread of the Year...can't stop laughing. How effing ridiculous to have two VCU fans set up a fist fight at a Virginia bar on a Mn Gopher BB fan forum over their current head coach who hasn't done anything yet. I hope Shaka chooses us just to see the meltdown on our board by their fans.

I now understand why everyone is so nice and respectful on their board...they visit other fan boards to have their fights...freakin hilarious!

Never thought a thread about Minnesota's coaching vacancy would lead to a throw down between a couple of VCU folks at a bar in Richmond. This is has to be an all-time first for Gopherhole....

Someone should let the TV stations in Richmond know - could be the lead story on the 10:00 pm news (with film)

Top Bottom