News on Shaka Smart

Visited the VCU board a few minutes ago and they are very confident Shaka is staying put. They are very nice on their board...almost no trolls. It kinda made me sick a little bit...don't know how to handle all the positiveness...will go back after tomorrows announcement to see if they eat their young when Shaka moves on...

No deal has been met. Shaka is back in Richmond and is pondering what to do. Right now odds are saying hes back to VCU but hes certainly not 100% back there as the local media wants you to believe.

Who the hell is the Sportsxchange?

Apparently, Sportsxchange is a media outlet that believed that Arizona State associate AD Norwood Teague hired a 22-year old Shaka Smart to replace Anthony Grant at VCU. Of course, Grant hadn't even been hired by VCU by the time the story claims this all to have happened.

From the story:

Norwood Teague helped hire Smart, a former Florida assistant, at VCU in 1999 to replace Anthony Grant.

No deal has been met. Shaka is back in Richmond and is pondering what to do. Right now odds are saying hes back to VCU but hes certainly not 100% back there as the local media wants you to believe.

Jeeze don't tell me your media wants to create news like they do here?

As I said...almost no trolls on their board...but they seem to not like you richmondinsider...so you got that going for you, which is nice.

Insider vs insider - like spy vs spy from Mad Magazine.

I honestly believe that Shaka is equivocating, whatever that means. He might have tentatively accepted the job here and is now reconsidering. That's exactly what happened with Monson's flirtation with Washington, and I don't think it's uncommon in the industry - or in any industry.

You are posting updates far too frequently to actually seem believable. Keep that in mind the next time you try this act.

Visited the VCU board a few minutes ago and they are very confident Shaka is staying put. They are very nice on their board...almost no trolls. It kinda made me sick a little bit...don't know how to handle all the positiveness...will go back after tomorrows announcement to see if they eat their young when Shaka moves on...

...really? Seems like they're having a grand old time at our expense.

You gotta love that bunch. They went from an all time high from the Shaka *sightings* to their now delusional hopes. With all of these inside sources, some of these characters can land a gig with ESPN with no problems.

Kids...this is why you shouldn't eat yellow snow...

Not only that, but they think there are thousands of VCU fans watching their boards. More like less than 100. There were only 300 people on here...

I can confirm that his "Big FB Donor" friend is completely full of poop. Shaka was NOT Minnesota's target.

Don't worry just wait until they realize he's really not going there. When that reality sinks in it'll be pretty funny.

It's kind of annoying how confident they are with ZERO evidence.

LOL whoever thinks they're talking to Ellis is a clown.

Hey Gopher fans, all your supposed sources are VCU guys through and through. You don't think we know those guys better than you? There's a reason we're not worried about Minnesota!

You are posting updates far too frequently to actually seem believable. Keep that in mind the next time you try this act.

+1

That and the fact that if he actually has some knowledge, are people here were calling him a troll, he'd either defend his honor or just leave.

I am not posting new information. I'm posting responses to the "national" news. I could care less if I'm regarded as a troll or not. I'm here to put out information and it seems greatly appreciated by many.

Also, didn't we go through this with VCU when we were going after Norwood? They all laughed and claimed "There's no way he'd leave for Minnesota of all places!" Yet, here.....we.....are....

...really? Seems like they're having a grand old time at our expense.

Didn't mean they weren't bad mouthing us...they just didn't do it to each other. On this board, for every crack at VCU or UCLA some ass_whipe would take a swipe at the U...guys like Lakesbison come to mind.

Also, didn't we go through this with VCU when we were going after Norwood? They all laughed and claimed "There's no way he'd leave for Minnesota of all places!" Yet, here.....we.....are....
Yes I believe so, the funny thing is if we don't get Shaka we move down the list and probably worst case scenario end up with Flip which I'm okay with but if they lose Shaka were do they turn?

Didn't mean they weren't bad mouthing us...they just didn't do it to each other. On this board, for every crack at VCU or UCLA some ass_whipe would take a swipe at the U...guys like Lakesbison come to mind.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, we're a pretty self-loathing bunch on the whole.

I think the alleged VCU Insider is more credible than Ryan Iverson or Jmag...

Yes I believe so, the funny thing is if we don't get Shaka we move down the list and probably worst case scenario end up with Flip which I'm okay with but if they lose Shaka were do they turn?

Good question. It's gotta be a splashy hire to get the attention of the Three Juniors.

I am not posting new information. I'm posting responses to the "national" news. I could care less if I'm regarded as a troll or not. I'm here to put out information and it seems greatly appreciated by many.

You said in your first post
I come to you from Richmond VA where I have connections deep inside Shaka Smarts adminstration at VCU.

Now you say you're just responding to national news. So which is it? An insider or a messenger?

tell me why smart will be better than munson

First his body of word is greater than Monson's. Monson had one great season at Gonzaga before he came here. Smart's run to the Final 4 was more impressive than Monson's Elite 8 run. He comes from an impressive coaching tree. You really don't know for sure if he would be successful, but his resume is more impressive than Monson's.

You said in your first post

Now you say you're just responding to national news. So which is it? An insider or a messenger?

I was responding regarding my updates which the previous poster questioned not my original post. Please try to keep up.

I don't understand the derision for RichmondInsider. If he's trolling, it's not necessarily game-changing. He hasn't said anything outlandish. Personally, I'm willing to give his reports some validity, even if, this being the internet, I'm still reserving complete judgment. And what's the point of being dismissive? Either he's right, or he's wrong, and if it's the latter (although it'd be hard to tell, given his lack of definitive statements), he'll get ripped, and justifiably so. Either way, he hasn't been acting like a jackass, he's just been putting out information. I like reading stuff like this.

I don't understand the derision for RichmondInsider. If he's trolling, it's not necessarily game-changing. He hasn't said anything outlandish. Personally, I'm willing to give his reports some validity, even if, this being the internet, I'm still reserving complete judgment. And what's the point of being dismissive? Either he's right, or he's wrong, and if it's the latter (although it'd be hard to tell, given his lack of definitive statements), he'll get ripped, and justifiably so. Either way, he hasn't been acting like a jackass, he's just been putting out information. I like reading stuff like this.

I agree.

But maybe he could provide insight as to why the VCU board thinks he's trolling for fun.

If there's one person who knows EXACTLY what VCU can offer him, it would be Norwood Teague. He worked there 11 months ago, therefore, he knows who the big money guys are there, and more-so what things HE HAD TO OFFER HIM TO STAY AT VCU LAST YEAR!!!

haven't seen any more of this pop up, this is good, right???

Considering the glaring factual error in the article (Shaka has not been VCU's head coach for 14 years) I don't think we ought to worry about that article for now.

Even as a huge Gopher fan we have to look at our lack of facilities for basketball and be realistic that will factor into us having to settle with our third or fourth choice as coach...I do not see Smart coming at all, an AD comfort is not going to trump a lack of recruiting resources. I hate to say it but I can see a mid level choice in our near future even though I think Teague is probably doing a great job selling it.

Guys, I'm not too concerned with our fan base saying stuff over on VRN. The leader is a fat man who wears horns who is literally pushing the scales at over 400 pounds. This is a guy who started out by being Capels student manager and has followed the Rams around ever since. I remember last year in Portland during the NCAA tourney Shaka told me regarding Pav (Yeah man hes creepy) when I asked him about him following him around. To be honest he may accept another job just to get away from the horned creeper!

VCU has done this once or twice, they'd manage. Someone post a list of Billy Donavan's assistant coaches...

Top Bottom