New Wing Commit: Kristupas Keinys

2022-2023 38 games, played 27 minutes per. 59% from 2 but 25% from 3. 71% FT

Good news!!

Some of you could start on a Midol regiment soon. I can recommend a doctor if you need one.

Someone who can make a 3 consistently is always welcome. Feels like we haven't had one since Blake Hoffarber.

His coach in Lithuania was "Kool-Aid" Porzingas!

Good size, looks bouncier than your typical European wing and has a decent looking shot.

Just glad we are using every scholarship, and taking another player at a position of need. Why not take this kid as a flier...good move!

Welcome to Minnesota! He can get minutes if he can be brought up a solid 40% 3 point shooter from 25%, rebounds and helps with rim protection. He is coming in at a position of strength for us, but injuries happen and there is never too much B1G quality depth. We had at least 4 40% 3 point shooters before him. Guard and wing play are strengths. A total reversal from last year. Never ever too many good shooter. Now get that defense rocking!

I like this pick up. Can we still fit AJ? We now are strong at all positions but the 5. Protect Payne.

Get that paperwork done and get him into practice. I see he is used to playing in front of Williams Arena size crowds. Minnesota fans suck.

Last edited:

Someone who can make a 3 consistently is always welcome. Feels like we haven't had one since Blake Hoffarber.
He shoot’s 3s at 25%, moron. He does many other things well but NOT 3s.

Surprising and hopeful addition. His shot is slow but looks good. If he shoots 25% from 3 it's probably because he rushes his misses. He's 6-8 and a wing and he is going to be a Gopher.
Surprising and hopeful....we added somebody.
Can't help but be more optimistic with his addition.....if he can play meaningful minutes this could be a difference maker.
Thank you Ben!

Welcome to Minnesota! He can get minutes if he can be brought up a solid 40% 3 point shooter from 25%, rebounds and helps with rim protection. He is coming in at a position of strength for us, but injuries happen and there is never too much B1G quality depth. We had at least 4 40% 3 point shooters before him. Guard and wing play are strengths. A total reversal from last year. Never ever too many good shooter. Now get that defense rocking!

I like this pick up. Can we still fit AJ? We now are strong at all positions but the 5. Protect Payne.

Get that paperwork done and get him into practice. I see he is used to playing in front of Williams Arena size crowds. Minnesota fans suck.
They don't have a scholarship for AJ Plitzuweit unless someone else gives up his.

Surprising and hopeful addition. His shot is slow but looks good. If he shoots 25% from 3 it's probably because he rushes his misses. He's 6-8 and a wing and he is going to be a Gopher.
Surprising and hopeful....we added somebody.
Can't help but be more optimistic with his addition.....if he can play meaningful minutes this could be a difference maker.
Thank you Ben!
The wing is a position of strength as is. He should be expected to make us stronger.

Top Bottom