New Mexico State Tickets left

Tickets left for Western Illinois as a comparison: 8925

Thursday night opener has been a thing for a ton of teams for about 25 years. It isn’t due to ref shortage

Random Thursday games in the middle of the season are due to ref shortage.

Week 1 is probably the only week of the season without a ref shortage
It's because of the holiday weekend, but as you mention, ref shortages are a big problem right now. It trickles down to youth football as well.

St Johns will draw 7000+ I would guess. Especially if students are back (move in wekeend I’d guess?) and weather is good
Last year they were over 8 for the opener. Based on averages it would be close but I didn’t realize that SJU had less than 3k at both their home playoff games

FYI, the crowd in Collegeville was 12,462. I would be curious how many fans at that contest were also at the Minnesota-New Mexico St game. No way to know for sure, but perhaps a 1,000. Just a random guess.

FYI, the crowd in Collegeville was 12,462. I would be curious how many fans at that contest were also at the Minnesota-New Mexico St game. No way to know for sure, but perhaps a 1,000. Just a random guess.

That 12,462 seems high--i was there. But definitely a good crowd. Saw some NMSU jerseys/shirts--at least 10...no idea why--and of course a bunch of Gopher gear.

Would be really interesting to know

Top Bottom