"Nebraska had two players hospitalized for rhabdo in 2018. In 2022, Scott Frost is bragging about how much his players are puking at practice."

Frost has character disorder.
It is no wonder why his highly touted recruiting classes evaporated because so many players left Lincoln.
The OL must learn to work as a unit in a carefully choreographed dance.
It takes concentration and repetition.
Working players until they are sick is counterintuitive to what the OL coaches should be trying to do.

Just today on the Husker board:

mavsker:

offensive lineman puking at practice​

"head coach frost said on the radio the other day that by his best estimate at each practice 15 to 20 pukes from offensive lineman per day / per practice. he says this isnt because of them being out of shape rather he says its because there working very hard out there.

im glad someone is finally putting these guys to work. tired of rolling out the pills berry dough boys, on the offensive line, we need strength agility and POWER not fat slobs just eating up space

wasnt sure about raola at first but now im cautiously optomistic for the return of husker power GO BIG RED"

Pennsyhusker:

Vomiting in Practice​

"So Scott Frost has stated publicly, almost as if he is bragging about it, that he estimates that there are 15-20 instances per practice of offensive lineman vomiting. He says the players are in shape but that they are just being worked that hard by Raiola.

Sorry coach but this is not something to brag on. It is shameful and the fact that Frost cannot see it as shameful is, sadly, one more indication that he is not fit to be a head coach. He is not fit to be a head coach for allowing this to happen in the first place. And he is not fit to be a head coach since his "better judgement" told him this was something that it was okay to brag about publicly. It shows he is clueless and arrogant. Still. After four years of clueless arrogance.

If we end up having a break out season I will be thrilled. Dancing in the aisles and kicking up my heels. But even if we do, I will still feel disgust in my stomach that this overgrown child is still our head coach."

Is he working them harder, not smarter?

Not saying it couldn’t happen, but firing your head coach and promoting an assistant from within seems rare, although we sort of did that by hiring Ben Johnson to coach the basketball team.

I heard speculation of Matt Rhule also, if he gets fired from the Carolina Panthers. I don’t really have any inkling as to whether that’s realistic or not.
It’s rare. Worked well for Clemson

NEBBY a pukefest?
Not surprised...

Dominic Raiola is the new OL coach at NE.
His brother was a star in college and the NFL. Dominic was neither.
He has bounced around as an OL coach, his last stint before joining NE was an assistant OL coach for the Bears working as a "tutor" for some OL players and being paid so little that it was laughable.
The job at NE is the best one he has had.

Nebraska is going to be one of those teams that I will be keeping an eye on all season. If things go off the rails early, I think there's a very good chance Frosty doesn't make it to the end of the season. Then where does Nebraska go?
I think this is true. But I also think that many Gopher fans count Nebby as a lock for a 'W.' I don't think so. There is talent on that team. A lot of it. We play them in Lincoln. There have been a few blowouts in the modern day series but it always seems to be a close game. I just don't think that this is the sure win that many apparently do.

mavsker:

"head coach frost said on the radio the other day that by his best estimate at each practice 15 to 20 pukes from offensive lineman per day / per practice. he says this isnt because of them being out of shape rather he says its because there working very hard out there.

im glad someone is finally putting these guys to work. tired of rolling out the pills berry dough boys, on the offensive line, we need strength agility and POWER not fat slobs just eating up space

wasnt sure about raola at first but now im cautiously optomistic for the return of husker power GO BIG RED"

Had to laugh at this. He is tired of the "pills berry dough boys." I wonder if he he means 'Pillsbury doughboys?'

I think this is true. But I also think that many Gopher fans count Nebby as a lock for a 'W.' I don't think so. There is talent on that team. A lot of it. We play them in Lincoln. There have been a few blowouts in the modern day series but it always seems to be a close game. I just don't think that this is the sure win that many apparently do.
I don’t think anyone is counting it as a lock. Don’t play until November so a lot is unknown at this point. Nebraska has a new qb and a lot of new assistant coaches with a tone deaf coach talking about lineman vomiting as if that equates to better play.

Every trainer I have ever been to says if you reach the point of puking you are harming yourself. This is WAY outdated thinking around conditioning and workouts.

There is a difference between pushing yourself past your comfort zone, and pushing yourself too far.
That's how Tom Osborne coached back when Frost played for him in the early 90's. So, that has to be good coaching, right? At least that appears to be Frost's mindset.

Dominic Raiola is the new OL coach at NE.
His brother was a star in college and the NFL. Dominic was neither.
He has bounced around as an OL coach, his last stint before joining NE was an assistant OL coach for the Bears working as a "tutor" for some OL players and being paid so little that it was laughable.
The job at NE is the best one he has had.
Actually, Donovan is the new coach.

Dominic was the (a-hem) "superstar," but he appears to be a superasshole. I have no memory of him.

SP+ has Nebraska as a one point favorite. Still multiple months away, but early read is that the Gophers may not be favored in that game.

It’s one of those locks like Iowa vs MN… it has been a lock, but often close.

I watched that tape as well. Apparently I am the only one worried about Neb. Remember we only got 3 first downs the second half (1 on a penalty). We didn’t exactly blow them out and now they made “hay” with the portal. Granted their QB is gone, but they seemed to replace him with a better athlete.
They’re no more worrisome than most of the conference games. Remember we have an OC now who doesn’t tend to completely implode. Not sure Thompson is a better athlete than Martinez. Not sure we can say they made hay in the portal until those players actually show something. They lost a bunch in the portal too.

I don’t think anyone is counting it as a lock. Don’t play until November so a lot is unknown at this point. Nebraska has a new qb and a lot of new assistant coaches with a tone deaf coach talking about lineman vomiting as if that equates to better play.
Yeah, I don't think our fans see Nebraska as a guaranteed win, but I also don't think anyone fears the Huskers either.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in the Big Ten, any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday.

That said, if we play to our capabilities.....I like our chances against most teams in the conference. Wasn't that long ago that I would have had a tough time saying that.

Yeah, I don't think our fans see Nebraska as a guaranteed win, but I also don't think anyone fears the Huskers either.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in the Big Ten, any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday.

That said, if we play to our capabilities.....I like our chances against most teams in the conference. Wasn't that long ago that I would have had a tough time saying that.
Lots of folks on the Nebraska board are counting the Gophers as a sure win for the Frosties. Turnover on our OL and DL will catapult Nebby past us, they believe. Gosh, I’m really scared now!1661027290855.png

OL vomiting 15-20 times per practice. Great recruiting stuff! 5*s will come knocking.
Very first thing I thought about. Why in the world would you go play for Frost over Fleck and the other guys in the West? Team hasn't been to a bowl under the current head coach who is well-known for calling out players after games and now brags about how much they puke in practices. Sounds like a guy speaks to the current generation, lol.

I think the Frost train continues off the rails. Frost gets fired after losing to Rutgers. Later in the season, Nebraska can't muster more than 13 points against Minnesota. I don't see them making a bowl game, yet again.

mavsker:

Pennsyhusker:

Vomiting in Practice​

"So Scott Frost has stated publicly, almost as if he is bragging about it, that he estimates that there are 15-20 instances per practice of offensive lineman vomiting. He says the players are in shape but that they are just being worked that hard by Raiola.

Sorry coach but this is not something to brag on. It is shameful and the fact that Frost cannot see it as shameful is, sadly, one more indication that he is not fit to be a head coach. He is not fit to be a head coach for allowing this to happen in the first place. And he is not fit to be a head coach since his "better judgement" told him this was something that it was okay to brag about publicly. It shows he is clueless and arrogant. Still. After four years of clueless arrogance.

If we end up having a break out season I will be thrilled. Dancing in the aisles and kicking up my heels. But even if we do, I will still feel disgust in my stomach that this overgrown child is still our head coach."

Is he working them harder, not smarter?
Mavsker has a firm grasp of the English language!

Lots of folks on the Nebraska board are counting the Gophers as a sure win for the Frosties. Turnover on our OL and DL will catapult Nebby past us, they believe. Gosh, I’m really scared now!View attachment 19825
We started playing them again yearly in 2011. Can pretty much guarantee that a good chunk of their message board fanbase has seen us as a sure win in every single matchup that has taken place since then. Regardless of the fact that we lead that series 6-5 and have won 4 of the last 5 meetings.

Because for many of them, they still view Nebraska as it used to be as opposed to how it is now.

We started playing them again yearly in 2011. Can pretty much guarantee that a good chunk of their message board fanbase has seen us as a sure win in every single matchup that has taken place since then. Regardless of the fact that we lead that series 6-5 and have won 4 of the last 5 meetings.

Because for many of them, they still view Nebraska as it used to be as opposed to how it is now.
I think we hear the worst of the fans / writers on the internet.

Every time I meet their fans they seem like fans who just want to enjoy a game…. but Scott makes that hard.

I think we hear the worst of the fans / writers on the internet.

Every time I meet their fans they seem like fans who just want to enjoy a game…. but Scott makes that hard.
Pretty much applies to any topic of any kind on the internet. :)

Top Bottom