My reluctant Gopherhole semi retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel for all of you as I only post or view GH from my home PC or laptop when away.

Living the Dinosaur Media dream I guess.

I'm with you. I will never use a phone for typing anything other than a short message. In fact, I hate using any virtual keyboard for extensive typing.

I use my phone, but all too often, the screen refreshes when I’m writing a reply and most of what I wrote disappears. I can usually get most of the text back by refreshing the page.

For some reason I have to log in every time I want to use my phone to access GH. Frustrating. Never had this problem before.

No problem with my desktop.

It was Google and Android that started supporting and pushing website developers to use different codecs for video and images. In the case of video it was Ogg and then WebM, neither of which were part of the web standards. Apple stayed with the mpeg (aka mpg), governed by the Moving Picture Experts Group, which charges a fee to major content producers. Ogg and WebM do not.

Apple has supported WebM for a few years now. But I don’t think Ogg ever will be fully supported. It’s partially supported, but not in media containers.
Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.
Ah yes, the excitement a youthful mind brings the discovery of new ideas with the freedom to explore new and unexpected ideas. A Good movie is mild compared to the excitement that Will be found when Hunting down the next book of challenging ideas. A curious and hungry mind is a beautiful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom