Most disappointing season in my time being a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPI Win Percentages next week:

Nebraska (57 percent)
Purdue (83 Percent)

Basically there's a 47 percent chance we go to Championship with a win.

I'm guessing you're a big Jerry Kill guy lol
Nope.
Just disappointed we lost at home to a terrible 31-point underdog MAC team.
Likewise to Illinois and Iowa when they had a first-time starter at QB.

Would have been nice to win those with likely the most experienced team we will see in a long, long, time.

But hey, we will always remember the 2021 win against a two-win IU team.

Nope.
Just disappointed we lost at home to a terrible 31-point underdog MAC team.
Likewise to Illinois and Iowa when they had a first-time starter at QB.

Would have been nice to win those with likely the most experienced team we will see in a long, long, time.

But hey, we will always remember the 2021 win against a two-win IU team.

We're so very sorry you're (still) all disappointed, and stuff. That's a crying shame.

Hallmark should start marketing a line of "So sorry to hear you've been disappointed once again" greeting cards.

FPI Win Percentages next week:

Nebraska (57 percent)
Purdue (83 Percent)

Basically there's a 47 percent chance we go to Championship with a win.
Thanks for the info. And as long as it isn’t zero I’ll stay positive to the end and if we don’t make it and still skin the shunks - I’m okay 👌

So you don't think we should have beaten BG, Illinois, and had we executed like we did today (sans 1st quarter) we would have beaten Iowa too? Let's Face those Facts.
Of course they would have won against BG, Illinois and Iowa if they had executed like they did today. That's the point. They didn't execute worth a shit in those games, or at least particularly BG and Illinois. Some games they are clicking and executing, and some they are not.

So sure, yeah, it would have been nice if they had executed better against BG and Illinois. Happy?

Of course they would have won against BG, Illinois and Iowa if they had executed like they did today. That's the point. They didn't execute worth a shit in those games, or at least particularly BG and Illinois. Some games they are clicking and executing, and some they are not.

So sure, yeah, it would have been nice if they had executed better against BG and Illinois. Happy?

Nope, he's not happy.

He's perpetually disappointed. But, then again, maybe being disappointed, and talking about being disappointed, is what makes him happy. Who knows?

This thread is so f-ing stupid and clearly lacks any real longtime perspective. Try the Wacker years. So much apathy. Try the Brewster years. Even more of a shitshow.

We spent DECADES just hoping to go to a bowl - and that happened most of the time with a losing conference record. Get serious, dude. How short is your memory?

Yeah, we have very frustrating losses this year, but we've also won 4 Big Ten road games and have secured a WINNING conference record for the 2nd time in 3 years.

If we beat Wisconsin next week, it will be remembered as quite a special season - that could have been legendary. But regardless of outcome, FAR from the most disappointing season as a Gopher fan unless you just started watching just this year.

Thanks for the info. And as long as it isn’t zero I’ll stay positive to the end and if we don’t make it and still skin the shunks - I’m okay 👌
That’s great. Happy for you. I’ll always look at 2021 as the season that could have been - even if we win out.

Yes. It would have been. But that is not what transpired. Maybe now we think about Wisconsin rather than continuing and continuing and continuing to look behind us? Could be time to let those games go, eh?

Yes. It would have been. But that is not what transpired. Maybe now we think about Wisconsin rather than continuing and continuing and continuing to look behind us? Could be time to let those games go, eh?

You're spoiling his fun, Ogee.

This thread is so f-ing stupid and clearly lacks any real longtime perspective. Try the Wacker years. So much apathy. Try the Brewster years. Even more of a shitshow.

We spent DECADES just hoping to go to a bowl - and that happened most of the time with a losing conference record. Get serious, dude. How short is your memory?

Yeah, we have very frustrating losses this year, but we've also won 4 Big Ten road games and have secured a WINNING conference record for the 2nd time in 3 years.

If we beat Wisconsin next week, it will be remembered as quite a special season - that could have been legendary. But regardless of outcome, FAR from the most disappointing season as a Gopher fan unless you just started watching just this year.
Again, disappointment is a function of expectations.

I guess you had high expectations of Wacker. I didn’t.

Such a classic snake-bit Minnesota fan outlook. Do you replay Gary Anderson's missed kick every day when you wake up?
No.
But I don’t look at that season as the year we won the NFC Central and made it to the NFC Championship game. Guessing you do. Maybe you have a 1998 NFC Central Champ shirt you wear around?

Great then don’t watch next week - problem solved
Well I already have tickets, so I’ll be there.
canceled the trip to IU this weekend though and not holding travel plans to see where we play a bow game.

Happy we beat IU. Doesn’t change the year.

No.
But I don’t look at that season as the year we won the NFC Central and made it to the NFC Championship game. Guessing you do. Maybe you have a 1998 NFC Central Champ shirt you wear around?

Ummmm... they actually did win the Central, and they did, in fact, play in the Championship game. So I'm puzzled as to why you "don't look at " it that way.

canceled the trip to IU this weekend though and not holding travel plans to see where we play a bow game.

If it makes you feel better --

Beating Illinois & Bowling Green wouldn't change ANYTHING.

We'd still have to beat Wisconsin this weekend.

Beating Indiana "doesn't change the year".

Oooookay.

If it makes you feel better --

Beating Illinois & Bowling Green wouldn't change ANYTHING.

We'd still have to beat Wisconsin this weekend.y
Where do you think we would be ranked in the CFP if we beat Illinois and BG? How do think that would impact our bowl game?
How did that impact excitement about the program, recruiting, etc?

Where do you think we would be ranked in the CFP if we beat Illinois and BG? How do think that would impact our bowl game?

Why don't you tell us.

While you're at it, make sure to cry about how disappointed you are.

Well a season ending with no B1G West Championship probably isn't something "special".

He still curses Drew Pearson and Roger Staubuck in his sleep 😴
I was alive but too young to have that game impact me, but I know plenty of people who don’t like the Cowboys because of that game.

My version of that team is the Saints. Plenty of Vikings fans don’t like the Saints.

Odd to be a fan and be indifferent m, but you do you, I’m not telling you how to feel, not sure why you are so worried about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom