Morgan was at practice Sunday

I would expect very little clarity to be offered on this one prior to gametime on Saturday. The only time Fleck is really clear on injury status is when the injury is season ending.

I can’t imagine we spill the beans either way considering the SOP for the teams we all faced was to keep it under wraps.

The Big Ten should stop playing games with injuries, pass a law that the public has a right to know the status of injuries at once, with continuing reports and frankness as to who will start. Mickey Joseph was honest last week, saying from Sunday on that Thompson, though day to day, probably wouldn't start.

The Big Ten should stop playing games with injuries, pass a law that the public has a right to know the status of injuries at once, with continuing reports and frankness as to who will start. Mickey Joseph was honest last week, saying from Sunday on that Thompson, though day to day, probably wouldn't start.
While we've been over this 1000 times, why does the public have a right to know?

It was unknown if Thompson was starting until about an hour and a half before gametime when the players came out for warmups.

Public doesn't have a RIGHT to know. I understand that fans WANT to know but they are not entitled to this information if coaches/players don't want to release it.

HIPPA. The Big Ten has absolutley ZERO right to over-ride federal Law.

Gambling is legal in nearby states etc
And not knowing the health of certain players can be factored into the odds. The odds of events always fluctuates with rumors of health of the participants.

If gambling is legal does that make it someone's "right" to know about player's health? I would just say don't gamble if that's an issue.
No dog in the hunt here. NFL is pretty popular. They have determined the fans have a “right” to know.
Not knowing seems to frustrate all fans.
Coaches aren’t going to be forthcoming without somebody forcing their hand with league wide rules.
Mickey Joseph was a refreshing change in his candor. Maybe his honesty is rewarded with the permanent position. Just one more thing to put in the stew in the decision whether he should or shouldn’t be the guy.

No dog in the hunt here. NFL is pretty popular. They have determined the fans have a “right” to know.
Coaches aren’t going to be forthcoming without somebody forcing their hand with league wide rules.
Mickey Joseph was a refreshing change in his candor. Maybe his honesty is rewarded with the permanent position. Just one more thing to put in the stew in the decision whether he should or shouldn’t be the guy.
Yep and the fans find out 24 hours before kickoff - even then it's a bit mysterious. There are bets flowing in ALL week. This has very little to do with actual better and more about fantasy football.

People don't really play fantasy college football.

Except many NFL players are listed as questionable, and for those players you don't know if they are going to be active until 1.5 hours before the game. College really isn't any different.

PJ has his ways and nothing is going to change him.
Is there anyone that thinks it makes a difference who MN has at QB against Northwestern?

I just think that a conference-wide injury reporting system would put all teams on an even footing, and it would end the need for coaches to play games with injury reporting.

I don't think it's too much to ask that these programs - that earn up to $100-million in revenue, and pay coaches 7- and 8-figure salaries - be honest with the public.

under the current system, when a coach talks about injuries, I don't know whether that coach is lying. I'm simply requesting that coaches be required to tell the truth.

PJ has his ways and nothing is going to change him.
Is there anyone that thinks it makes a difference who MN has at QB against Northwestern?
Yes. Northwestern can beat someone 14-10 this year.

I believe the week before Penn State they said tanner was at practice on Sunday as well, so we really have no clue what his status is. We'll find out at like 1:30PM on Saturday is my assumption.

HIPPA. The Big Ten has absolutley ZERO right to over-ride federal Law.
HIPPA is not a thing, HIPAA is. And all HIPAA does is generally prohibit healthcare providers and healthcare businesses from disclosing protected information to anyone other than a patient and the patient's authorized representatives without their consent. The Football team and University are not healthcare providers nor healthcare businesses and thus would not fall under the purview of HIPAA.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing blocking the B1G from instituting a similar consent policy to the NFL and make sharing your health info with the university you play for a requirement of being rostered. Also, HIPAA only applies to the healthcare provider sharing the data and does not apply in any way to something that required the players themselves to disclose the info.

Top Bottom