Minnesota @ Wisconsin game thread

The free throw discrepancy is called BoBall.

Ever since he's been with Bucky, they've had calls go their way like no other. Bucky will tell you its the way he teaches them (perfect defense :rolleyes:). Everybody else seems to disagree...

I would pay to hear the a** ripping at half. Only 3 Wisc players scored jeez

I won't say that the officials have been horrible but I think it is pretty amazing that we took as many contested shots as we did and did not attempt a single free throw. WTF!

Painful to watch. Everything on offense seems forced.

I like Nolen, but I don't know if he could put in 20 if he was in the gym by himself.

And apparently neither can anyone else, including the so-called shooting guards. Stick to comments that make sense, AK.

8 to 5 fouls isn't that bad until you see that Wisconsin has 8 FT attempts on 8 fouls and the Gophers have 0 on 5. That's perplexing because it seems from the Gametracker your young men are taking it to the rack and Wisconsin is the one trying to do the damage from the perimeter.

Truth,

That's how it always goes for visitors to Madison. The key is trying to overcome it, something only eight out of 114 teams have done during his tenure there :rolleyes:

I won't say that the officials have been horrible but I think it is pretty amazing that we took as many contested shots as we did and did not attempt a single free throw. WTF!

Great defense contesting every shot will do that.

24 shot attempts and 10 of them 3's..yet Wisconsin is going to the line a great deal.

did the halftime guys say "only 22 points for the #18 team? what's up with that?"

They played in too much of a hurry in the first half. Especially once the Badgers started scoring. Nolen tried to go one-on-one too much without having an option to pass to. Need to play more under control and I think they can come back.

But there was WAY too much one-on-one dribbling and out of control moves to the basket going on.

JAS needs to stay on the bench. I am sorry but 3 passes and three crucial turnovers come on man that's trash. It's gonna be climb to get back in this game but I think we can do it. Damian barely played at all and hopefully he can come in and set the tone on defense.

I can't see the game:

What kind of defense are the Gopher's playing? Are they playing straight man or mixing it up with some zone. I know Coach Smith plays a lot of Zone on OOB entries underneath the opponents basket so I'm wondering.

1. we jump out to 10-2 lead in first 3 minutes
2. we get outscored 31-12 the last 17 minutes

Great defense contesting every shot will do that.

Will do what? Cause you to not shoot free throws? I was inferring it is rare to take that many shot inside with defender tightly contesting you shot and having ZERO fouls called.

We're inexperienced and it shows. It'll be a learning experience. We can hope it comes after the half!

Damian's two fouls contributed a lot to the problems, especially defensively. I should have known how this would go after the officials waited a whole eight seconds before calling a foul on him.

Damian's two fouls contributed a lot to the problems, especially defensively. I should have known how this would go after the officials waited a whole eight seconds before calling a foul on him.

7 seconds, actually

Dinkytowner,

Let's at least let the second half play out before we start thinking about Northwestern. I know it doesn't look good, but I for one want to see how the fellas respond before writing this one off...

Dinkytowner,

Let's at least let the second half play out before we start thinking about Northwestern. I know it doesn't look good, but I for one want to see how the fellas respond before writing this one off...

Not writing it off, just saying that NW will be demoralized after blowing their huge lead against Purdue

Top Bottom