Minnesota kids you really enjoyed watching

Sam Jacobson
Khalid El-Amin
Troy Bell
Jibrahn Ike
Darius Lane
Joel Przybilla
Shane Schilling
Paul Martin (i know i know - but was really special as a youth player)
Jake Sullivan
Tony Travis
Johnny Gilbert
Lawrence McKenzie
Rick Rickert
Rodney Williams III
Jordair Jett
Royce White
Trent Lockett
Jordan Taylor
Shaun Jensen
Quinton Hooker
Tyus Jones
Jalen Suggs

I loved Quinton Hooker. I should've had him on my list for sure.

Ricky Suggs ,Ben Coleman,Greg Downing. Most dominant player Randy Breuer runner ups Brett McNeal and Jake Sullivan.

I really enjoyed watching Coffey shut down an dominate in the MSHL tourney that over-rated kid Gary Trent IV Jr. that went to Duke who has not done squat in the NBA.

For some reason, Apple Valley HS basketball rubs me the wrong way. (and Duke really sucks as well)

I really enjoyed watching Coffey shut down an dominate in the MSHL tourney that over-rated kid Gary Trent IV Jr. that went to Duke who has not done squat in the NBA.

For some reason, Apple Valley HS basketball rubs me the wrong way. (and Duke really sucks as well)
Gary Trent Jr. Is/was having a really good season right now on the blazers. What rubs me the wrong way was him going to prep school in Cali and dipping on Tre and Apple Valley. He was already a 5 star in MN, not sure if going to Cali got him to Duke.

Trent is quite clearly a better player than Coffey despite Coffey being a year older.

Lots of really good names mentioned so far.

Loved watching El-Amin play. Probably best I've seen to this day. Not only the best player but leader too and so clutch.

Watching Roosevelt in the early 90's was fun with John Thomas, BeBop Walker (Nebraska Omaha), and Robert Mestas (Miami, Ohio)

Jason Daisy from Minneapolis South (fantastic career at N. Iowa) Remember a crazy 360 dunk against either Southwest or Washburn.

Prentis Perkins from Henry. Probably best pure scorer I remember watching back in the day.

Mpls Roosevelt had a fun team to watch with a dude named Tex Philips and a 6-6 forward named Wayne Charles. One of the most underrated guys to come out of the state was Aaron Mittendorf out of Caledonia. Dropped 50 plus against Ben Johnson and Delasalle in state championship game Remember as a kid watching my first state tournament games. Elmer Bailey at St Paul Mechanic Arts and Percy Wade at Delasalle Saw Steve Lingenfelter school the great Kevin Mchale in big schools championship.

Top Bottom