Minnesota Golden Gophers in the NFL - 2023 Season

Go Gophers!!
I'm 51, and a father of two boys. This one hits me in an atrium and a ventricle. This is why we fight, and this is why we die -- there can be nothing of greater value. This is the Pearl of Great Price.

Last edited:

With 4:57 left in the 3rd, Morgan is finally about to play his first Pro downs!

All first 3 Pittsburgh QBs did pretty good so they have no more to show so I think Steelers will give Morgan the rest of the game! 😱

Trubisky was 1/4 for 10 yards and an INT.

Your definition of pretty good is fucking bonkers.

Any Rams fans on this site? I was wondering TJ chances of making the team.
Pretty slim since he has little value from a special teams standpoint. He would be a fifth or sixth receiver on the roster if he is lucky. He is definitely good enough to catch on there but it is a numbers game with young receivers like Tutu Atwell and Puka Nacua looking good. His best hope is to beat out Demarcus Robinson for the last slot.

NFL is just better with Rowers in the Boat. So many young Gophers and a pipeline of more to come. Gopher Football just make the World better, including the NFL.

There will be multiple draft picks to come from the Gophers.

Gopher Football is NFL Country!

Looking like a number of guys have a good shot at earning starting or key backup roles in 2023. That is awesome for them and the program.

Trubisky was 1/4 for 10 yards and an INT.

Your definition of pretty good is fucking bonkers.
On a Steeler site, this AM doing Studs and Duds. Morgan was a Dud and was not thought to be in the running for the third QB slot.

On a Steeler site, this AM doing Studs and Duds. Morgan was a Dud and was not thought to be in the running for the third QB slot.

Didn’t say he did well. Trubisky was 1/4, 10 yards, INT. That is not good

Didn’t say he did well. Trubisky was 1/4, 10 yards, INT. That is not good
No matter how Trubisky did during preseason games, he could go 0/5000 for -1782 yards, he’s signed for another 2 years and in Steelers eyes, he’ll be fine!

That was my whole point in my post was that all first 3 QBs did great in Steelers eyes, like they can’t do no wrong! Any preseason snaps are really just going through motions versus all of the preseason game snaps are critical and graded for Tanner.

TM has another shot tonight with preseason game 2, hope he performs better.

No carries for Mo today for the Lions against Jacksonville. Good news is none of the Lions RBs that did get carries did anything except maybe Snell.

No carries for Mo today for the Lions against Jacksonville. Good news is none of the Lions RBs that did get carries did anything except maybe Snell.
Did he get many/any snaps? Is he doing any special teams work? I don't know if special teams is common for rbs

No matter how Trubisky did during preseason games, he could go 0/5000 for -1782 yards, he’s signed for another 2 years and in Steelers eyes, he’ll be fine!

That was my whole point in my post was that all first 3 QBs did great in Steelers eyes, like they can’t do no wrong! Any preseason snaps are really just going through motions versus all of the preseason game snaps are critical and graded for Tanner.

TM has another shot tonight with preseason game 2, hope he performs better.

Was not your point at all. But sure. You said they played well. He didn’t. You didn’t mention the contracts or anything.

13 minutes left, TM warming up to come in but Steelers kept Rudolph in the game.

Ran some time off the clock, the drive stalled and now with only 8’minutes left in the game, the Bills’ offense will get the ball.

With 5 minutes left in the game, Steelers got the ball back, hopefully it’ll be TM now. It’s just sad that TM has very limited time and snaps to try out.

Last edited:

3 and out and got drilled on the 3rd pass play 🤦🏻‍♂️

That may be it for TM for this 2nd preseason game.

Per Shama:

Jack Gibbens, the former Gophers linebacker who started two games for the Titans last year, got the nickname “doctor” from his head coach Mike Vrabel. Why did Gibbens get that tag last year as a rookie? He’s “Dr. Gibby” because he is smart.

Go Gophers!!

There was a cool shout out from PA during the Vikes game on PJ and the Gophers.

Noted there were 3 Gophers in last night's game (Gibbens, Rush, Otomewo) and that PJ and the team were at the game to watch the alums.

What's the injury?
I actually wasn’t aware of an injury (maybe a previous nick from the first preseason game, but shouldn’t be serious) either. Still snooping around X, but don’t see anything concrete quite yet.

Last edited:

Mo was a truly special college RB but he has no speed and isn’t a pass catcher. I hope he surprises me and gets a chance though. One of my all time favorite Gophers.

Top Bottom