Minnesota Golden Gophers in the NFL - 2023 Season

Thanks for posting! Just a great guy all around, sooo want him to make the roster and be able to show what he can do. I bet he is getting some attention already.
It sounded like Mo is more talkative now too. Not as reserved as when he was here. He is a Pro now so glad he’s breaking out of his shell in more than one way.

With training camp underway and roster spots changing in the next month during preseason, I figured it would be good to get a new thread started for 2023. From what I've seen, these are all the pro Gophers at this point.

NFL
  • Daniel Faalele, OT, Baltimore Ravens
  • Rashod Bateman, WR, Baltimore Ravens
  • Terell Smith, CB, Chicago Bears
  • Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Detroit Lions
  • De’Vondre Campbell, LB, Green Bay Packers
  • Chuck Filiaga, G, Green Bay Packers
  • Blake Cashman, LB, Houston Texans
  • Eric Murray, S, Houston Texans
  • Tyler Johnson, WR, Los Angeles Rams
  • Esezi Otomewo, DE, Minnesota Vikings
  • Jordan Howden, S, New Orleans Saints
  • Carter Coughlin, LB, New York Giants
  • John Michael Schmitz, C, New York Giants
  • Tanner Morgan, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Mariano Sori-Marin, LB, San Francisco 49ers
  • Boye Mafe, LB, Seattle Seahawks
  • Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Ko Kieft, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Jack Gibbens, LB, Tennessee Titans
  • Thomas Rush, LB, Tennessee Titans
  • Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Washington Commanders
CFL
  • Rodney Smith, RB, Saskatchewan Roughriders
  • Shannon Brooks, RB, Edmonton Elks
  • Simoni Lawrence, LB, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
  • Drew Wolitarsky, WR, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Free agents
  • Kamal Martin, LB
  • Chris Williamson, CB
  • Max Williams, TE
  • Damien Wilson, LB
  • Steven Richardson, DT (CFL)
So.... whose rookie cards should I be stocking up on? 🥸

Didn't watch the Seattle game, so not sure how much Boye played, but in on 3 tackles (2 solo) and a QB hit. Anyone notice how he did besides stats? One man wrecking crew?

Didn't watch the Seattle game, so not sure how much Boye played, but in on 3 tackles (2 solo) and a QB hit. Anyone notice how he did besides stats? One man wrecking crew?
He was in early and did very well. They moved him around and he was a force. I’m surprised he didn’t get at least a partial sack because he looked to be in on one. I didn’t notice him after the first quarter, so that may be all he played.

He was in early and did very well. They moved him around and he was a force. I’m surprised he didn’t get at least a partial sack because he looked to be in on one. I didn’t notice him after the first quarter, so that may be all he played.
Thanks. I'm guessing if he played 1st quarter, then he's being considered for major playing time. I know Carroll talked him up, but this might be the proof. Thanks again for the info.

With 4:57 left in the 3rd, Morgan is finally about to play his first Pro downs!

All first 3 Pittsburgh QBs did pretty good so they have no more to show so I think Steelers will give Morgan the rest of the game! 😱

On 2nd down in TM’s second series, center to TM fumbled the snap 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fumble call reviewed then reversed then TM throws an INT the very next play 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 2nd down in TM’s second series, center to TM fumbled the snap 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fumble call reviewed then reversed then TM throws an INT the very next play 🤦🏻‍♂️
Can't watch it, was it his fault, or the reciever's fault? Or maybe just a great play by the DB?

Can't watch it, was it his fault, or the reciever's fault? Or maybe just a great play by the DB?
The INT was a bad read by TM

I have to remind myself that TM is playing with all of the 8th and 9th string players trying to get into the roster so it’s just hard for him to shine. Passes are accurate but dropped by these 9th string WRs.

TM just got the ball batted out of his hand on a scramble on a 3rd and 12 pass play where Steelers lost 20 yards!

It’s hard to watch to be honest.

TM has one last series left with 1:50 left in the game, starting on the 15 yard line

See if he can run a “2-minute” drill and get a TD or get into the field goal range?

Nope, play caller happy to just run out the clock.

TM just tripped his running back with his foot during a handoff and hurt his RB (TM fell) 😆 Very hard to watch.

3 and out for TM

TM finished his debut with

5/8, 36 yards, 1 INT, sacked for 21 yard loss, 2 fumbles, and a 33.3 QB rating

Needless to say, not a great night for him

Positive note, he did play the entire 4th quarter so can’t say that he didn’t get his chance to try out.

Hope next game he’ll get to shine more

Last edited:

The INT was a bad read by TM

I have to remind myself that TM is playing with all of the 8th and 9th string players trying to get into the roster so it’s just hard for him to shine. Passes are accurate but dropped by these 9th string WRs.

TM just got the ball batted out of his hand on a scramble on a 3rd and 12 pass play where Steelers lost 20 yards!

It’s hard to watch to be honest.
Thanks. I was wondering just that. Was it a product of his suporting cast or him? From some of the things I've heard, Tomlin likes him. Would be nice to see what he can do with the 1st stringers.

Go Tanner!!!

Top Bottom