Minneapolis North HS beat Ubah Medical HS 143-4 last night. North had 8 players in double figures. Ubah Medical had 2 players with 2 points each.

I think the bigger issue is why is Ubah in 2A, maybe I'm wrong but I imagine a tiny charter school would have a 1A enrollment. Apparently they had three wins
The real issue is 3/4 of the state is on the bottom two classes. ubah should maybe be 2a

the biggest 1/3 of 2a should be 3a

The easiest compromise for the MSHSL is to put in a rule that you have to have played a minimum of X games to qualify for the playoffs.

This allows them to save face with their "everyone makes the playoffs" ideology.
I would have thought such a rule existed. Waived due to pandemic scheduling limitations?

He should’ve told his kids not to play in the playoffs. That’s the right lesson here.

those north kids have finite high school games. Why do the north starters have to sit one of their chances?

the starters played for 10 minutes.
next year there is going To be a shot clock and if the MSHSL doesn’t pull their heads out of their asses stuff like this will become more common.
I believe the Shot Clock isn't until 23-24' season, just for accuracy.

The real issue is 3/4 of the state is on the bottom two classes. ubah should maybe be 2a

the biggest 1/3 of 2a should be 3a
Hard to legislate talent that turns over every year at the HS level. I don't know what the solution is, but there has to be some changes that we've talked about above to help the situation.

Hard to legislate talent that turns over every year at the HS level. I don't know what the solution is, but there has to be some changes that we've talked about above to help the situation.
The real solution is to redesign the entire system to be focused on competitiveness

Right now the system is designed around a stupid playoff system

The easiest compromise for the MSHSL is to put in a rule that you have to have played a minimum of X games to qualify for the playoffs.

This allows them to save face with their "everyone makes the playoffs" ideology.
This is what I don't understand. Why play so few games? They didn't have a single game scheduled in the month of January.

I know Americans seem to hate the idea for some reason, but what about a promotion/relegation based system?

This is what I don't understand. Why play so few games? They didn't have a single game scheduled in the month of January.
Just a guess, but I assume the official record only shows games against other varsity programs. It's not unusual for teams of that caliber to play games with their 'varsity' against another team's JV squad. Those games are not counted as varsity games for the MSHSL.

Just a guess, but I assume the official record only shows games against other varsity programs. It's not unusual for teams of that caliber to play games with their 'varsity' against another team's JV squad. Those games are not counted as varsity games for the MSHSL.
Ah that makes sense

Glen Mason could have lost that game with that halftime lead.

Brackets are set and games start tomorrow.

Here is where you can find all the brackets and information. Games tomorrow are split between Target Center and Williams. Wednesday to Saturday are at Williams Arena.

Top Bottom